1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ultimate hold'em comps

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Monte, Jan 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monte

Monte Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mostly a lurker here, so apologies if this has been discussed before but I couldn't find it.

Was at Aria last week at a $15 Ultimate Texas Hold'Em table. Someone at the table asked how it was rated, at the pitboss said your $15 minimum is plugged in as $50/hand, given the ante bet and the possibility of you raising etc.

That seemed pretty great to me, since it's such a slow game you really lose a lot slower than at a bad run of $25-50 blackjack (spare me the lecture on house edge and expected value, please), even if you are 4X raising frequently along with basic strategy.

I also earned more in express comps from 3 hours at that table, where I happened to win modestly, than I did in my entire previous two day trip where I pretty much spent all day playing $25 blackjack.

Wondering if anyone else has had any experience getting good offers/credits/comps from mainly or only Ultimate hold'em play?

PS I have never seen worse strategy play at any game than this one. Most people seem to be playing it to worse odds than a penny slot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.