1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

UFC fan

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Aw234, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aw234

Aw234 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really enjoy the UFC and met Dana White at Palace Station a few years ago. He actually chatted us up. Anyway, anybody know were the UFC gym is located? My guess is between The Palms and The Orleans. Driven through the neighborhood many times but haven't seen it. Anybody have any UFC storys?

Aw234

2. fivecardstud

fivecardstud Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do a search on google maps for this "36.110802,-115.193884" and you will see where the gym is where they tape the ultimate fighter. It's in a normal looking office park, but you can see the big UFC on the garage doors. Fun to take a pic there if no one is around. We were there right before they went live for the ultimate fighter live last season and the place was pretty busy.

Last feb my friend and I got press passes to the ufc 143 and got to go backstage for all the pressers. Dana led us and a small group of reporters into the Aureole restaurant for the "gladiator retirement party" where they revealed the new pre-show open for the first time!

3. Aw234

Aw234 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fivecardstud, got it, thanks a lot for all your help. Been searching for a while, probably 4 or 5 years. Every time we run between Palms and Oleans I've been looking.
    Press passes, now that's a good score. Never been to a live venu but have done ppv.

Thanks again

Aw234

4. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very cool Five Card, what mag or site you a reporter for? I only ask cause I know quite a few in the biz personally, George from Junkie took me and the wife there in 2010, cool place to visit even when no show is being filmed.

[​IMG]

Cosmo Christmas
  5. fivecardstud

fivecardstud Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice picture! But no face off?

I work for a tv station in seattle, I'm not involved with MMA unfortunately, just a fan. Do you know Tracy Lee? Hook me up! That's awesome that you know folks in the biz, I'd love to get an invite to watch one of the ultimate fighter fights. I'll be in town when they are filming the next TUF season, how fun would it be to watch Chael and Jones coach their guys??!

6. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL yeah I know Ms Tracy, sweetheart of a girl and man she loves the sport, been around as a photog well before the TUF days era began, don't know about that hookup though LOL. I have been around the sport since the NHB days, really before 93 to be honest as I started in Curitiba while in the USMC back in 85 at Chutebox and brought the sport home with me and fought some of the top name guys back in the day. But those were far from todays events, more like the old JCVD movie Lionheart, horse barns and warehouses instead of MGM Grand arena ya know LOL. As such I know pretty much every major MMA journalist there is outside Ariel, who I find to be a real prick, and even do reporting on the local level events. BUT even with all that history and my connections getting into an actual filming of TUF is pretty much impossible, even my buddies at Junkie who are the top of the food chain have never been to an actual filming, Zuffa keeps a real tight lid on whats what on the show, as far as making the fighters sign a waiver to the tune of 250G for leaking info. You being a fan oughta enjoy this pic it's one of my favs ever, me and John Hackleman, after I recognized and started BSing with Ricardo Liborio and Hack felt left out LOL
    [​IMG]

Cosmo Christmas
  7. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i actually was in the spa at MGM with John H Friday before the UFC card in July. he had a couple of fighters cutting weight in the sauna and was hanging around. pretty cool guy.

8. fivecardstud

fivecardstud Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    awesome pic! Hackleman always comes off as a cool guy on the countdown specials and on TUF, nice to know he's that way in real life. Funny that you said that about Ariel, my friend and I were huge fans of his going into our UFC weekend. Going home, not so much. I think he was talking trash about us at one point. Tracy Lee was cool though, she sat next to me at the pre fight press conference. That didn't suck.

If you are in town nov 3 - 8 let me know! We should get a beer...

9. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shifter Hack is not just a nice guy he is also one of the most intelligent and interesting people I have ever known personally, the man is about as well rounded as an individual can get.

Five Card wish I was there in November, damn sure get that beer with ya, unfortunately not gonna be back till Dec for our Christmas trip. Originally I was going to cover the Strikeforce card here on 11-3 but that is cancelled now damn it :( that sounds like Ariel or as many of us call him the Little Princess.

Cosmo Christmas
  10. fivecardstud

fivecardstud Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Too bad you aren't gonna be there, you should come cover the debut of the World Series of Fighting! It's on 11-3 at the Planet Hollywood. My friend and I bought a couple cheap balcony seats, we want to check it out. I'll keep my eyes open for the Little Princess! Great nickname!

11. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wish I could come and see that one it will be intersting to see if Rays lovechild can do any good or not, it's a solid card to be sure but personally I think he screwed up doing it in Vegas as there are so many fights on the ammy and sub UFC/Bellator level there all the time. The main event is solid but the co main is the one I want to see Johnson is working to renew his career after trying to long to fight at low weights and he has been a beast, SOB KOed my buddy Jake Rosholt back in September at a local event here in Oklahoma. Johnson has a ton of potential and glad to see he finally left the manager who had been trying to keep him at low weight classes.

Cosmo Christmas
  12. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where would one go in vegas to find out about high end amateur fights or lower end pro fights? I can never seem to synch up my vegas timing with a UFC event, but I'd like to go see fights there.

13. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check out tuffnuff.com they are the top of the heap for ammy events in Vegas also for Pro fights look at kingofthecage.com they have an event Dec 8 in Vegas. Those are the two best but if you are "in the circle" so to speak there are smokers and underground fights in town at the different gyms as well but they are all ammy events.

Cosmo Christmas
  14. Jon E Coyote

Jon E Coyote Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In 2010 Donald Cerrone posted on FB one night I was there that he, Chael Sonnen and I believe Pat Barry were having a signing at the Luxor, we had taken a bus to downtown earlier that day so when I found out they were there.... a $50 cab fare later we pulled up to the Luxor.

As we were heading to the UFC store, I look to my right and it's Urijah Faber hanging out with some friends, didn't hesitate to go over and BS and get a few pics, real cool guy. The signings were over by the time we got there lol

I did run into Rob Van Damn from pro wrestling in the players card line about 30 min after that too, pretty funny

Hoping to hit up the card in Feb :beer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.