1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

UFC 178 Moved to Vegas... but where

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by dutchvelvet, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dutchvelvet

dutchvelvet VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I read in the news that the September 27, 2014 UFC pay per view got moved from Toronto to Vegas. They don't seem to know the venue yet though.

http://msn.foxsports.com/ufc/story/ufc-178-jones-gustafsson-rematch-move-to-las-vegas-070414

I'm booked at Mandalay already to visit the Barrett Jackson Auto Auction, and am interested in catching this if possible. Any of you Vegas pros have any educated guesses as to where the UFC fight will be? I know the last one was just at Mandalay Bay Events Center (because I got free ticket e-mails for it), but I also know the auto auction is there the same day, so I'm thinking it must not be at Mandalay.

I've seen that big UFC fights are at the MGM Arena sometimes. Is that the only other real option? Are they ever at non MGM properties? If the fight is at MGM, can I get tickets through MB VIP services or would I be better off calling MGM direct?

Any thoughts/speculation appreciated. Also if anyone has experience going to these I'd love to hear about it.

2. wennykilson

wennykilson Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I read a rumor that the Thomas & Mack Center was going to host. It doesn't make any sense to me why the UFC would have been so desperate to move it there though.

3. sdbruin619

sdbruin619 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kings of Leon are scheduled to play at MGM Grand Arena that saturday

4. dutchvelvet

dutchvelvet VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Called MB VIP services today. Asked the guy if he had heard anything. He said he heard rumors that Kings of Leon may be cancelled and thought that meant the UFC fight would be held at MGM Garden.

Anyone heard any similar rumor?

5. simundo26

simundo26 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it at mgm grand king of leonare playing in diff part of mgm

6. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    178 is at MGM Grand and in case you did not know the main event is now Jones vs Cormier as Gus pulled out yesterday with an injury.

7. Sklem211

Sklem211 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah at MGM Grand, and I'm staying there that weekend! Kings of Leon are now playing in the "The Lot" which is the empty lot across from Luxor/MBay. I was going to UFC 178 whether it was in Toronto or Vegas lol. Actually moving it to Vegas gave me a good excuse to go again haha. I guess they make more money and there is more demand for the fight in Vegas so they can charge more for tickets. Pretty gutted though that Gustafsson had to drop out, that was going to be an epic fight. Tickets on sale August 1st. 10am PST. or you can join the UFC newsletter on their website and get access a day earlier. Tickets are $1,000, $750, $500, $300, $200, and $100

8. dutchvelvet

dutchvelvet VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks guys. Guess MGM wanted the fight more than kings of Leon. Now to get tickets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.