1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ufc 157

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by captainron62, Feb 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gonna be in LV this weekend and I like to bet the fights when I am in town. I usually am successful and have a decent feeling of how the fight will go, not this time. This card is crazy.

Roussey is a star for sure, but she has not been around long and the females she has faced, well some were terrible.

Henderson is 42, and coming off a knee injury. He is one of my all time faves, but I dont feel good about his fight for him.

Faber has not finished a fight in well, I cannot remember when.

Koscheck is usually as solid as can be, but has not looked himself in his last couple fights. Seems to have trouble finding that crazy quick aggressiveness he used to have.

Well with that said I am taking all the dogs, yup all of them. I dont think Roussey will lose, but I am betting she will, I think there is a legitimate chance that she cannot finish this fight and could get out-pointed.

I am betting that Henderson can land an H-bomb on Machida, this fight worries me a ton though.

I think Faber is done honestly, feel pretty good about this one.

I think Lawler will look good at 170 and take the fight to Koscheck and bait him into a brawl. Lawler wins a brawl!

2. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your logic is pretty sound. For the record, I think this is the most BS card UFC has ever tried to sell for $50. I won't be getting it.

I think with Kos, some of it is the game evolving away from the pure wrestlers a little bit.

I think the Hendo fight is a toss up...so yeah, I'd bet the dog.

3. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, pretty bummed to be in LV when there is a live fight I can watch and not at all pumped about the card! This card would does not deserve PPV hype. If Roussey falls flat it will be their biggest bust ever. Its a lot of pressure on a young relatively inexperienced fighter.

4. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It feels like they're pushing it just based on the novelty of the woman's fight. The 170 lb fight might turn out to be good if Kos can't get it to the ground.

5. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    agreed! I think that could be fight of the night. I am worried this could be the fight that Hendo gets "suddenly old", Machida is tought to keep up with and time and Hendo is known for his quicks.

6. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bermudez vs Brice...best fight of the last year?

7. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My buddy Matt GRICE :), we both train at his gym incidentally so I am biased, was screwed on the D it should have been a draw or win for Matt, the general MMA media outside that CS Josh Gross felt the same way. Matt and Dennis gave us the FOTN and definite FOTY candidate, both were the definition of a warrior last night, Matt made all us at the gym proud as hell to say the least. Rousey flat got lucky, but she also proved she is tough that crank was a nasty one and many fighters let alone average humans would have tapped, the only two disappointments were Schaub who I hope gets cut and the co main, the rest of the night was solid and sure glad to see Lawler back.

Cosmo Christmas
  8. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I only saw the undercard...I was stuck in a snowstorm and taped it. Couldn't get to the bar for the main fights.

I think the Grice-Bermudez fight was close. No way for it to go to a draw because even though Bermudez nearly killed him in the 3rd round, it wasn't a 10-8.

Obviously Grice won the second. Obviously Bermudez won the third.

So it came down to the first round. Grice won the standup in a big way, and rocked Bermudez. But Bermudez got the (lucky) mount early in the round and really hit Grice a lot.

But I agree with you -- your boy Grice was a true warrior. I think he might not remember part of that third round. How was he not out? But he kept fighting.

The good news for him...there are only a few times when you score a 'good' loss. This was one of them. He got $50K for fight of the night and he got a guaranteed fight on an upcoming PPV. Maybe even at the bottom of the main card. Who doesn't want to see this guy fight again?

9. parlay the yo

parlay the yo Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not a big MMA guy used to watch a lot before it started being every weekend. My buddy started refing and judging local MMA fights in the Los Angeles area. So I am watching last nights card at a friends house and who is judging the Machida and Henderson fight, my buddy. Couldn't believe it and then with the decision I might have to give him some shit this week.

10. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually Matt remembers the fight pretty well, talked to him and the thing in the 3rd was he was completely gassed, a problem he has had before, not really on the verge of a KO ever. One of the funniest things was in the 3rd Dennis told him "Matt would you just go down" Matts reply "Fuck No" and you can actually see when Matt told him that around the 2:50 mark or so. :nworthy: Let me tell ya that little dude has a chin, I am 210 and have accidentally in sparring hit him HARD with a solid hook and he has never went down of course that with head gear and boxing gloves but still I know chins from all my years in the game and the boy has a Hendo, Takyama type chin on him.

Cosmo Christmas
  11. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You admit to having a friend who is a California MMA judge? You sire are a loyal friend :clap:

Cosmo Christmas
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.