1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Uber - McCarran T1 to Mirage Questions

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by dalemccl, Sep 29, 2016.

1. dalemccl

dalemccl Tourist

Apr 18, 2008
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will be in Vegas in a few days. On the Uber website (not the app) you can enter a starting and ending location and it will provide an estimated cost and show the route on a map. My pickup will be the terminal 1 ride share pickup area, which I know how to find from the baggage claim area. The choices for pickup point at McCarran on the website to get an estimate include "Terminal 1 short term parking" and "Terminal 1 economy parking". I don't see any choices whose name resembles the Terminal 1 ride share pickup point.

1. Which one of these should I select as the starting point to get an estimate?

2. Regardless of which McCarran starting point I choose, the route on the map shows taking the interstate to Mirage, which would be considered "tunneling" in forum discussions about cab routes, at least to most strip hotels. Is using the interstate really the lowest cost route for getting to the Mirage?
  2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

May 4, 2009
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    First off, the estimated cost using either of those options would not be more than $.50 difference - for the purpose of an estimate, just pick one.

Next - There are shorter ways to get there and if you want them to take the streets and traffic, just tell the driver. Your cost should then be less, unless you get stuck in traffic.

Personally. I prefer the expressway to Mirage to avoid stop and go. Not everyone does.

Your choice.