1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Uber/Lyft Strategy for best use

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by eaglejohn, Nov 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eaglejohn

eaglejohn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Going to Vegas in 2 weeks+. Will be both new users of Lyft/Uber. Trying to figure out the best way of using free ride bonus for new customers. We live near Tampa. Can 2 people in same household get the bonuses?
    Was going to sign me up in Tampa for 1 or both. Then sign wife for new user in Vegas using me as referral. She gets free ride, I get free ride for referral. Do for both Uber/Lyft. If this is correct it would be 6 rides altogether. Enough for both coming and going from both airports and 2 more for use in Vegas.
    Does it matter where you physically sign up? Suggestions? I know some have gotten 10/$10 rides when signing up in Vegas.

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have read that also, but not found where it's stated online. Personally, I'm going to sign up for Lyft as soon as my plane lands in Vegas in hopes I get that ten $10 ride deal. Worst case scenario, I only get the first time $20 and will use it until it's gone.

And I don't believe you will have a problem if you and your wife sign up separately. As long as you both don't use the same name and credit card to sign up, I would think you should be good. Just make sure you are signed up for Lyft in Vegas is you are wanting a ride FROM/TO the airport as Uber isn't allowed to go there yet.

3. eaglejohn

eaglejohn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep. using Uber to airport in Tampa. Then signing up with lyft when plane lands and waiting for bags. Hoping one of us gets the 10/$10 deal. but 2 $20's will be OK. Also on the $20. It is only good for 1 ride. If cost is less than $20 you don't keep the difference for another ride.

4. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I signed up for Lyft and downloaded the app at home. When I got to Vegas I had 4 coupons for $10 off each ride.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.