1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Tying the knot in Vegas, possibly semi live pics 4/8 - 4/12

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by FXT, Mar 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

My fiance and I are getting married at Golden Nugget on April 10th, followed by dinner at Triple George and then off to Golddiggers to finish off the night. Its a small wedding consisting of 25 people. I'm sure there will be a ton of gambling time in between family obligations and getting drunk. I'll likely be making a trip to the strip as well because its some peoples first time in Vegas.

Starting the thread early and hope to keep you guys entertained through lots of pics. I suck at writing so don't have high expectations on the commentary. :peace:

2. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $1300 hit from last trip that I hope to repeat

[​IMG]

3. LandryBalla9

LandryBalla9 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congratulations! Getting married is a win to start with as far as I'm concerned haha

4. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats, sounds like it will be fun! Looking forward to pics!

5. marcianofan

marcianofan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats, I'm sure the GN will have a very nice ceremony for you.

6. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks guys. I'm certainly lucky to have her put up with my shit and agree to marry me :evillaugh

Little more details... We were originally looking at the poolside ceremony where the cabanas are but they only do those until 9am. That's entirely too early for a Vegas wedding so we decided to buy their indoor package which is a 40+ person room overlooking the pool. With the package we also get round trip limo transportation, $300 spa credit, $175 Vic and Anthonys credit, 2 nights in their spa suite and a bunch of other stuff. I went ahead and purchased an extra night in the spa suite so my fiance and her friends can have somewhere nice to get ready for the wedding. I'm also considering taking a quick trip to Total Wine and more and stocking up some champagne for the room since its pretty close to downtown.

The plan right now is to fly in Wednesday evening, check in and then head to V+A's for dinner. I think our reservation is 8:30pm. Afterwards we'll walk to the Clark County Marriage Bureau to grab the marriage license (we filled out the pre license online) and then meet up with my future BIL, his wife, my best friend and his gf for some drunk gambling and shenanigans.

Thursday everyone else flies in. I have a lunch set up at Le Thai for immediate family members and in the evening my fiance and all the ladies will be doing the cycle pub crawl as a mini bachelorette party. They rented the entire cycle so I'm sure they'll have a good time. The guys don't have anything planned but I'm sure gambling and drinking will happen. We might even stick our head in the gentlemans club on fremont st to check it out but probably not. I'd rather take a good session over a strip club anyday.

Friday is wedding, dinner and then Golddiggers. We have a few tables reserved in the balcony overlooking Fremont street. Again I'm sure a lot more drinking will take place.

Saturday I have to head to the strip to redeem some MyVegas show tickets for my parents. There's honestly nothing I saw fit to spend points on so I asked them if they wanted to see a show. I'll probably catch the bus down there with an entourage of friends and family members. After that I have 0 other plans until Sunday afternoon when we fly out.

My fiance was giving me shit because I don't show any excitement but after writing this whole thing out, I'm getting pretty stoked. Only 7 days baby!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  7. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas certified personal trainer/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congratulations! You're already a winner - your future wife agreed to get married in Las Vegas!

8. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Kelly. She loves Vegas just as much as I do.

9. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is what happens when you're going crazy with anticipation.. lol

Went to the mall on Sunday and everything was closed. Don't ask whats in the Lemonade :peace:

lol.jpg

10. eisen7979

eisen7979 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats and thanks for sharing. Should be a great time!! :beer:

11. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I initially booked a trip to Tunica starting easter Sunday without even realizing it was easter myself. Oops.

Good luck in vegas!

12. NCSuz

NCSuz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wishing you the very best of luck! A bit of advice....be sober for the wedding, you want to remember it! Unfortunately, my ex took advantage of me being quite a bit tipsy one trip and I ended up marrying him, but that's another story... hehe

13. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right on :beer:

Yea, I didn't realize all the stores closed early on Easter. Guess I've never gone shopping on Easter before.

My fiance and I were good friends until we got a bit tipsy one night.. lol funny how that works. The plan is to stay sober for the wedding and not overdo it the night before. I have a friend who's going to monitor me but we'll see how it works. Too many friends wanting to rage so I have the number for the Hangover bus need be :thumbsup:

14. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can a moderator move this thread back to TR section. Flights leaving in 6ish hours. No idea why my timer is off.

15. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And we're on the way
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Horatio Hufnagle

Horatio Hufnagle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on the wedding. My wife and I got married at the Paris 7 years ago and still bring up stories from what a great trip it was. Heading back out there in a few days for our anniversary trip. Good luck and enjoy!

17. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

We've arrived

18. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats and have an awesome trip!

19. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED !địt mẹ!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats Man!
    Don't forget to put a couple hundred in a $25 slot at Caesar's Palace ;)

Also, that sucks on that Straight Flush...if the 9h woulda been Ah, the payout would have been a LOT more (How did you get $1300, don't SF pay 50:1? or was it a $10 table?
    EDIT: Nevermind, you were playing $15 on all spots...dayum! $60 Raise action with the KQ!

Palace Tower Suite!
  20. hotreds

hotreds VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Logo+Facebook+Like.jpg

Will give them a try!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.