1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Two return times

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by bubbakitty, Feb 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubbakitty

bubbakitty native Texan; born and bred.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Overheard a passenger last flight say he made several return flights from Las Vegas so to maximize his luck? That is how he said it. He made an original return date / earlier return date / and late return depending in his bankroll's durability.
    The point I had not considered was the no penalty for cancellation fee and he used a combo of cash and points etc. not trying to start a debate or anything but had not thought of that before...take advantage of low rates vs. high rates available when wanting to change on the fly.

1st Super Bowl DT...Panthers / Browns no doubt
    Spur of momento trip
  2. BreakEven

BreakEven Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe airlines frown on this. Unless the person is doing it across multiple airlines, in which case they may have different problems.

Only 2nd trip for year :(
  3. nhcris

nhcris High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you build up a nice bank of SWA points, I can see where this would be a great option. I feel silly that I never thought of it before. I may give it serious consideration for a fall trip that is just in the planning stages.

4. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd imagine this is only doable on SW or any other airline that doesn't hit you with a change fee. Or to be high enough in the frequent flyer program where your tier doesn't get charged the change fee.

You'd also have to do it as one way bookings as a RT ticket would only allow one return date.

5. bubbakitty

bubbakitty native Texan; born and bred.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry it was SWA and yes the guy said he booked one way.out and 2 / 3 way back. He said he flew once a month out that way and that was his procedure each tine. Business? Who would know when the deal was done (wink wink) for a return. I was in the aisle he was on the window impressing the lady between
    I just never thought if it and have lords of mules for such a plan.

1st Super Bowl DT...Panthers / Browns no doubt
    Spur of momento trip
  6. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IIRC, UCLAGirl says she often books 2 return flights for Vegas. Compared to other airlines, tough to match SWA's flexibility.

7. aaisack

aaisack High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've neglected to book my return flight a few times. Sometimes it's worth it to take the $50-$100 hit on a last minute return flight. Flexibility is nice.

8. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I book multiple flights in the same direction on SW pretty much every winter trip. When you're dealing with BOS, MDW, and DEN, it's crazy not to. In 8 winter trips, my original primary departure flight has been cancelled 3 times.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.