1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Two Rental Car Questions...

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by DOUBLE B, Mar 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DOUBLE B

DOUBLE B Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If a reservation is made thur carrentals.com or some party other than direct with the rental car company and you fail to pickup up the car can/will the rental car company charge you for the rental?

Second question--I see a good rate with EZ Rental in Vegas. I have seen their booth there but never rented from them----any feel for EZRental?

2. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless its a pre-paid reservation, they should not keep your money if you don't pick up the car. Why not just play it safe, and cancel if you aren't going to use it?

3. HallOfPromise

HallOfPromise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used E-Z last year without a hassle. Their desk area at the rental facility is small so on busy times of the day (sometimes even moderately busy) the line can get pretty long, if not a longer wait depending on how many people they have at the desk. Just bring your patience when you arrive. But as for the overall experience, they were pretty legit with me.

4. bromad1972

bromad1972 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have used EZ twice but without hassle. The first time the line was non-existant and second time was packed.

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With the majors, you can just not show up. UNLESS, you took the every so slight discount for prepaid and non refundable.

Be very careful with 3rd party places. Many do not offer the same policy.

6. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have seen some majors with cancellation penalties but at the same time, they didn't ask for a credit card. But as you need a credit card to be in frequent renter programs, I don't fool around with not cancelling.

7. elbee309

elbee309 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We recently rented through Priceline. My credit card was charged at the time the deal was approved so we had to show up or lose the $. But there were no problems (Avis) and it was the most reasonable that we could find - $235 for 9 days for full size car (Chev Impala)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.