1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Two consecutive nights - MGM property

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by paconomad, Sep 14, 2016.

1. paconomad

paconomad Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry if this has been answered before. Both my wife and I have enough points for a room under separate accounts. I seem to recall in the old days that you could only use one night per household per thirty days, but couldn't find the per household exclusion anywhere in the terms and conditions. Is it ok to book two consecutive nights at the same hotel under the different accounts. The main difficulty I would see is we share MLife accounts, and it might be difficult to book two nights, even if done as separate reservations.

Thanks in advance

2. Marilynfan

Marilynfan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is no per household rule. You will each be able to to book a room through MyVegas regardless if you have linked MLIFE accounts.

3. paconomad

paconomad Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks.
    Have you or anybody else done this? This might be a silly question, but do you have to check out and then check in again or will the front desk person combine the reservations?

4. Edserv

Edserv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't used two different accounts but I have overlapped MyVegas with regular comps (one time was able to book 5 nights with no problem even though MGM said they weren't supposed to do it) and had no problem with the desk letting us keep the same room.

5. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was able to get the Mirage to link my 2 reservations together at check in, one being MyVegas and the other a normal room offer. My problem was, my key card got deactivated at the end of one reservation, so don't be surprised if your room key stops working between reservations.

Though there have been reports in the past of people having to go back to the desk the next day to check in again. I don't remember which hotels did that though, but I know the Mirage linked mine so I SHOULDN'T have had to go back to the desk to check out/check in.

6. Fligster

Fligster High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I link reservations (conference and non for example) I always check at the front desk on overlap day to make sure. I am an early riser so I just go at like 6:00 when no lines. Sometimes it wasn't necessary others like at bellagio the front desk didn't do something right and they weren't actually linked, but averted an issue and wait by checking.

15th Anniversary Trip
    Pink17 ITSM Conference
  7. bruceb

bruceb Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I have done this numerous times, only one time were the keys not coded right and we had to get new keys. Every other time was seamless.
    bruce
    (I reread Fligster's reply as I was typing this, and our key issue was also Bellagio)

20th anniversay trip