1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Twitter Taxi

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by suebee, Aug 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suebee

suebee Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just thought I would share my taxi experience last week since it was good and may be useful to someone else. In the past I have been long hauled and lost my #%$^ on cab drivers for ripping me off and I really didn't want to ruin any of my vacation being angry so this time I came prepared.

There are a couple (probably more than a couple) of cab drivers who don't believe in long hauling and they promote their philosophy on twitter and you can book them for pick up at the airport or anytime during your trip (during their shifts, of course). So I got in touch with @hackingvegas and made arrangements to be picked up at the airport and he was there right on time, gave us some tips on where construction was affecting traffic (in case we took other cabs this would help us know where to expect abnormal routes) and was able to connect us with a driver for the evenings who we could also book and be confident that we wouldn't be getting ripped off.

Basically we had our own personal cab service and all we had to do was text them with time and location that we needed a ride and they were always there on time and got us around quickly. We did always let the cab stand guys at the hotels know that we had called a specific cab so that no one got crap for line cutting (us or the cab driver).

Anyway, I highly recommend this option - great stress free service.

2. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I follow a couple of the Vegas cabbies and am planning on hitting them up for a ride or two when I am in town. I tried in the past but my schedule didn't work out quite right for their on duty times.

Thanks for the post!

3. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never heard of this. I'll make a note for next trip.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.