1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Twin Peaks in Miracle Mile at PH-bad experience

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by travloh, Mar 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. travloh

travloh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Avoid this place at all costs! Just returned from March Madness weekend and Twin Peaks was the undisputed dark spot on a great weekend.

Scantiliy clad waitress by the name of Randi pitches a great "deal"consisting of 32 oz frozen take home mug for 18 bucks. Fill with 32 ozs of brew for the price of 22. All 3 of us initially decline.

We order another beer each at 10 bucks each, and mull over the deal again. We are getting into the games and our view of the TVs is good, so we reconsider and tell Randi to set us up with the big frosty mugs.

Randi delivers 3 mugs of frosty goodness, and informs us her shift is about to end. We settle up and she bats her eyes into a 40% tip. We are having fun.

After Randi departs, we realize there was obviously a shift change snafu, and we are ignored for a solid half hour.

We flag down a buxom beauty and tell her we have been forgotten. She apologizes and askes what we need. 3 refills of our shiny new mugs, we tell her.

15 minutes pass and nothing. Ok, its a problem. We tell another juggy waitress that we are being forgotten about. We are not belligerent in the least. 2 of the3 of us work in management for a major reastaurant chain. We understand how rude customers are treated, and we sympathize with a staffing issue.

Top heavy waitress NUMBER 4 delivers 3 beers in 22 ounce glasses. We point to our mugs that we proudly purchased and point out 22 ounces just ain't gonna fill em. She clearly was waiting for this and disappears with the promise of a resolution.

A manager appears tableside with uncharacteristic punctuality and is clearly ready to spar. We explain the deal we were promised with the new mugs, and that it was not being honored.

The manager explains to us that cash-heavy Randi misspoke and there really is no such deal. We ask him to make it right by either refunding the 54 dollars for the mugs or honoring the deal we were sold.

Manager guys says that his employee's mistake is not his problem, and he will not refund money for mugs, nor honor deal.

The 3 of us take turns telling manager guy that this is the opposite of customer service, and we think he should reconsider. He declines and one in our party tells him he is not a good manager. This gives him what he wants and he tosses us.

I will reiterate that we were not in the least belligerent. Everytime we "complained" it was always cordial and we portrayed our understanding for the situation.

Christmas in Vegas
  2. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And I thought this kind of hustle was reserved for the genteman's club...

3. queuetee

queuetee High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With that name, I thought it was a gentleman's club.

4. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Crossed off my list. thanks for posting. If they have aFB page, you should repost it there. I get great results when I do

5. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wow, and I thought they were above Hooters in the bottom of the barrel...guess not

they have a Tilted Kilt in Vegas yet?? :thumbsup:

6. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $22 beers?

count me out. Thanks for the warning.

7. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Actually it is his problem. What a dick.

Sucks you had to deal with it but thanks for posting so others can avoid that place.

8. habs0nut

habs0nut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not yet but one is coming to Linq.

I'm confused, is it $18 for the mug plus $22 to fill it with beer?

9. Matty Ice

Matty Ice Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe it's $18 for the mug then you should get 32oz of beer for the price of 22oz.

I would contact their corporate offices.

10. Tellafriend

Tellafriend High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What would a Red Lobster Manager do

BeeJay??
    :beer:

11. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had great service at the Odessa, TX location. ANY manager on this planet in any industry that says they are not responsible for their employees' actions should be terminated immediately. They are only poisoning the organization. I would contact their main office and notify them because they won't take complaints at that location lightly because I'm sure it is intended to become one of their top grossing locations.

12. sapphirevegas

sapphirevegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a bar manager and in a hot minute I would have refilled their drinks with fresh frosty mugs and gotten them an appetizer for their wait, and inconvenience. Too often many places develop an "us against them" mentality where the customer is always wrong before they open their mouth. Or he is banging Randi. Not sure which. lol

wedding trip!!!
  13. travloh

travloh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

22 ounce beer for 10 bucks. Ridiculous!

Christmas in Vegas
  14. CaliMike

CaliMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So how was the food? :poke:

15. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At least the manager didn't say "Randi...we don't have a Randi working here"....LOL

16. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A theme restaurant with mediocre to poor service, how shocking, especially in Las Vegas! Okay, I am actually more shocked when I get very good food and service at a themed place. Wonder how long this latest place will last, especially since it is in PH's Miracle Mile.

That being said, I could see myself sauntering into Twin Peeks but only because I am a conservationist and love the beauty of mountainous regions.

17. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like another rip off joint on the strip. I would be making phone calls and writing letters to EVERYONE!.

18. CaliMike

CaliMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So you guys would let one bad experience written on a message board stop you guys from going there? If that is the case you would not be able to go anywhere. There is always somebody saying they had a bad experience at every restaurant, hotel etc. Does that mean you would never stay or eat at those places? Just have an open mind and try it out for your self. I will probably try it out next month when I visit. Not saying the OP is wrong or lying but shit happens sometimes. Give the place a chance before knocking it. :beer:

19. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No But with sooo many places in LV why take a chance on a really crappy experience vs those that have many more better reviews and a LOT less inexpensive prices. One review wouldnt turn me off or on but if i had a choice, i would base a decision on the recent reports after researching. And those prices are cracking your head open. So unless the reviews were GLOWING i would avoid the place like a hooker in church. JMHO.

20. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Normally I would agree with you....but I so trust the OP post about his experience and once they went as high as the manager and got the response that he's not responsible for his employees actions...well then YES, I have written off that place...if the manager is not responsible for a employee's action...then WHO is.....................and with a million other places to choose from in Vegas....WHY choose this one....after all, if we don't try to separate the good from the bad because of this board, then why participate here ? ? ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.