1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Turning 40 - the planning begins

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by ranman1973, Jul 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ranman1973

ranman1973 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Planning another trip to Vegas for my 40th. I'll be using this site quite extensively over the next 9 months.

2. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did it in 2008. I basically invited everyone to come. I stayed at the Flamingo because it would be in everyone's price range. And, for the friends that don't go to Vegas, it has the best location.

I set up the dinner at VooDoo. The biggest hurdle was, since I had a lot of people, they have a policy to put the bill all on one tab. No way was I going to do that for 26 people, so I could not reserve a table. I had to go early and get on the list for two tables of 13. But after dinner we all hit the patio for drinks. It was a wonderful time.

I put the word out that I wanted a cabana for my birthday. My sisters set it up and it was great. I gave everyone a base to meet during the day. It also gave us space.

Most of them were only there for the weekend, I stayed for five days as did my brother and another couple. But basically I only set up one event (VooDoo) for everyone to get together and people did their own thing during the rest of the time.

3. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My sister and my birthdays are within about three weeks of each other. We’ve already been talking about a joint 30th (her) and 40th (me:cry:) party in Vegas. Of course, we have – thankfully – about two+ years to plan, but I already can’t wait.

4. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's pretty much what we did for my grandparents anniversary party last year. We set up a dinner one night and told everyone who was coming to try and be there that date. We all arrived/left at different times but were all together that one night. 23 of us ended up going and it was alot of fun.

5. RPMCanes

RPMCanes High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I spent about a year and a half planning a 40th birthday blowout for me and my cousin, who are both turning 40 within two weeks of each other, my other cousin's birthday and 10 year anniversary. And it all fell apart three months out. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.