1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

TSA Pre Check Question!

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by DOUBLE B, Oct 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DOUBLE B

DOUBLE B Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I applied/filled out info on TSA web site to be quailifieed for TSA Pre Check. Question is:::How or when will I know if I have been selected for Pre Check on a flight? Rules state that the bar code is coded to show your status for Pre Check but not readible with the naked eye. Rules also state that one is should not expect to be selected for every flight, how will I know/find o ut that I do or do not quailify for a flight. I fly thru Atlanta to Vegas and both airports use the TSA Pre Check. Any info appreciated.

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    what info did you fill out? AFAIK pre check is only available to frequent fliers whose airlines submit them to TSA or nexus/global entry members to enter their PASS ID in their airline frequent flier profile. i'm not aware of any place you can fill out info on the TSA website to be considered.

as far as how it works, they scan your boarding pass at the supporting airports and it will beep 3 times if you are pre-check, only once if you're not. if you are, they send you to the special line. but note that there's only a few airports that run the program right now (although it's expanding) and you have to make sure to go to the right line in order to see if you have it. even if you do have it, if you go to the wrong place, you'll be sent through the regular line. in ATL you need to go to the south checkpoint and in Vegas, terminal C you need to go to the first class lane.

when it first started, i had very good success and almost every flight i got it. then i didn't get it for 8 flights in a row. the last couple of flights i've gotten it. it's definitely hit or miss. it sucks when you don't get it and really need it. a couple of flights ago i was running late and the regular line was really long. i didn't get pre-check and missed my flight by 2 minutes. with pre-check i would have been there with plenty of time. so it's not as much of a time saver as you might think, although when you do get it, there's nothing like breezing through security in 2 seconds without taking anything off or taking anything out of your bag.

3. luvstp

luvstp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I filled out the paperwork on the TSA site....couldn't wait for United to get it done. The first 3 times, I didn't get it and was seething. However, I then saw an article in a Chicago paper that explained my problem as my DH was always getting to pas through.

It is imperative that your drivers license and TSA info and your info in your frequent flyer program match precisely. I had Ms in one and Mrs in another. I had my middle name in one and no middle name on the United site. Once I synced everything up to be identical, I have been fortunate to pass through on my last 5 round trip flights. In Las Vegas, it takes at least 20 or 30 mins off your wait time.

4. Bazzito52

Bazzito52 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try dressing like this:

TSAsearch.jpg

That should help speed your way through!

NFL Divisional Playoffs!!
  5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Christmas
  6. DOUBLE B

DOUBLE B Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shifter---ao if I am flying from Vegas to Atlanta even if I fly from terminal D/gate D
    (and I will be) I have to go to terminal C to see my status?

7. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    sorry, i meant D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.