1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

TSA Pre-Check - Only available in T1

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by BreakEven, Apr 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BreakEven

BreakEven Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    http://www.tsa.gov/tsa-pre%E2%9C%93%E2%84%A2/tsa-pre%E2%9C%93%E2%84%A2-expedited-screening

I was extremely happy to see that there were now designated lanes for this at the SEA airport. For those of you who don't know what this is, it takes you back to a point in airport security when you didn't have to do things like remove every piece of paper from your pants, or take off your belt or shoes. It's a wonderful thing. In previous trips, there wasn't a designated lane. You had to wait in the big line, then hopefully get the right beep when TSA scanned your boarding pass, and then they sent you along to a specific scanner checkpoint.

Anyway, ffwd to the return trip through LAS. I ask the first TSA person I see if they have a pre-check lane, and she rolls her eyes and says no. When I got to the front of the line (which did move pretty quickly, as I thought they always did in T1), I got the triple beep after they scanned my BP which means that you're pre-check eligible for that particular flight. The TSA person there suggested that if I didn't have any luggage, it might be better for me to get dropped off in T1, clear security there (with the pre-check lane), and then take the shuttle over to T3. To me, that seems insane.

Anyone know why they wouldn't plan for something like this when building a brand new "state of the art" airport? It's not like it requires complex infrastructure (it's just one additional line entrance point).

Only 2nd trip for year :(
  2. luvstp

luvstp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You didn't indicate what airline you are flying, so not sure I can fully comment. We fly United and don't check any luggage. We print out our boarding passes the day before at the hotel, get dropped off at zero level in terminal 1 and go through the TSA pre-check in T1. If you aren't checking luggage and are flying United, there is zero reason to go to Terminal 3.

3. BreakEven

BreakEven Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    https://www.mccarran.com/Fly/WhichTerminal.aspx

4. luvstp

luvstp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No TSA pre check on terminal 3. Wasn't that the purpose of your post? United flies to Houston out of the D gates. You can take the tram to the D gates from terminal 1 and use TSA pre_check. We do it every trip.

5. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Isn't Terminal 3 primarily for international flights? That could further explain why they didn't put in Pre-Check capability there, since only domestic flights are eligible.

6. BreakEven

BreakEven Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's what I thought too, but apparently not.

https://www.mccarran.com/Fly/WhichTerminal.aspx

7. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's quite a few airlines, but I'm still pretty sure that other than United, which operates out of the D-gates anyway, that's a pretty small number of destinations compared to the international flights, especially when you consider that of those airlines, United and Alaska are the only ones that participate in Pre-Check (and it looks like Alaska doesn't participate at LAS anyway).

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.