1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

TSA & DVD player?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Joe, Nov 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does a DVD player have to be taken out when going through security, the same as a laptop?

Gave up on buying a tablet and on Cyber Monday I bought a DVD player with a 10' display. $59. Plays dvds or plays off a flash drive, that's all we need and it won't get shoved into my gut if the person in front of me reclines.:thumbsup:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
    Christmas
  2. Tree DA

Tree DA High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The answer is yes, it is treated like a lap top.

3. atcmurph

atcmurph Watcher Of The Skies

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have had different experiences. The first time I brought it I asked the guy checking IDs and I think he said he wasn't sure. So I took it out. The 3 times after that I didn't take it out. I would just ask the ID checker.

4. matguy

matguy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They may not even know the difference, they may just ask you to turn it on to prove that it "works"

5. tizzy

tizzy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife took one last X-mas on Southwest and did not have to open it or anything she just sent it through the x-ray machine with her carry on and they did not say anything. Of course this was flying out of a small town airport to Dallas, Texas.

6. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I took my portable DVD player a couple months ago along with my laptop. I removed the laptop and put it in a bin by itself, but left the DVD player in the bag and everything went thru just fine. I probably just got lucky though... now that I think about it, why would it be treated any differently?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.