1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Trying to find a ladies' under the seat luggage/tote

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by vwhiten, Sep 4, 2016.

1. vwhiten

vwhiten High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I have been trying to find a bag that will fit under the seat according to Frontier Guidelines. Which are 8x14x18. I thought I had found a nice rolling bag on e-bags that would meet the requirements but one length is 8.5 inches. So it is technically over by 1/2 inch. There are several reviews that state it does not fit under the seat as described. I would hate to count on putting it under the seat and then get smacked with a $60 or more fee for a small bag.

I found a sewing machine tote that is 17"x8"x12 1/2". Plus it should be durable since it is suppose to hold a 50lb sewing machine. I got it from Amazon for $24.99. I have a trip to Winstar later this month for two nights so I plan to give it a dry run. I am hoping it will fit most of my needs for my next Vegas trip. Plus save me a baggage fee on Frontier. Anyone have any suggestions??

Screenshot 2016-09-04 at 8.55.46 AM.png

36th Wedding Anniversary
  2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Those bags can get really heavy after walking a few miles though the airport. I would surely lean towards one with wheels. But, if you only have some meds and change of clothes, etc in the bag, then one with at least a shoulder strap is okay. We always have at least two ipads, cpap, etc so rolling is the only option.

3. queuetee

queuetee High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A bag with wheels will fit under a seat? That is the OP's request.

4. vwhiten

vwhiten High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I only take my iPhone for electronics. I have learned to downsize a lot. I would prefer a rolling one just can't find one that would 100% fit the requirements. It seems that the description of the bags measurements do not included the wheels.

36th Wedding Anniversary
  5. Johnzimbo

Johnzimbo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never been able to fit a lady under my seat. Just sayin' :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seems like a soft-side bag is probably the way to go. I have a large canvas tote bag I always carry on, I just measured it and it's 12 x 15 x 12, nobody ever even looks at it. Of course, I don't really have it jammed full, I can always cram it under the seat.

7. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas certified personal trainer/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You may wish to check out the smaller wheeled totes at travelsmith.com. Some of those may suit your needs.

8. Bonnie60

Bonnie60 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I found a nice one with HSN. Just under 79.00 and it works great, has a place for your IPad a place for extra shoes and at least 2 outfits, it's designed by Samantha Brown, strong enough to put your feet on it and fits great under the seat nice looking bag w/wheels. Has all kinds of pockets to store things in

9. vwhiten

vwhiten High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I checked it out. It could work the dimensions with wheels is 8.5". I looked at some travel site forums regarding how strict Frontier is with their policy. All kinds of responses. I would have to hope an employee would not get bent out of shape for 1/2 inch

36th Wedding Anniversary
  10. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I occasionally fly on Spirit Airlines and use an American Tourister Atmosphera II overnight tote in order to avoid Spirit's carry on baggage fees. The bag measures 15x14x8.5 and sells for $39 at Walmart. The handle retracts and it has wheels. It fits under the airline seats with no problems....if it can fit under Spirit's seat, I am sure it will with Frontier. I have recently loaned this bag out twice to some co-workers that were flying on Spirit and never had a problem with the bag not fitting under the seat. I can easily put all the clothes that I need for a 3 or 4 day Vegas trip in my tote [2 prs of slacks, 3 or 4 shirts, socks, underwear, extra pair of shoes, shaving kit, and room for a little more].

Winter break
    • Like Like x 2
  11. VPDana

VPDana Low-Roller

I live in the Midwest, St. Louis, MO to be exact.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a wheeled tote which I purchased at JCPenney a few years ago for about $30 (I think the brand is Protocal). We only fly Southwest, but it fits under the seat in front of me on their planes. It also has a large zippered flap on the front. I use this space for my "purse". This is the only piece of carry-on for both my husband and myself.

12. vegasbound

vegasbound Moderator

Check your local TJ Maxx/Home Goods. I recently picked up two at mine. I was using a back pack that was killing my neck and shoulder so I was desperately seeking an underseat sturdy wheeled roller bag. One is by London Fog and the other is Delsey. In April, Spirit will change it's acceptable bag size to Frontiers.

13. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was going to make that same suggestion. I believe it is actually called "an Underseater."

14. TableToddyy

TableToddyy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let me get this straight. looking to buy a 40. thru 80. dollar bag. to avoid a $30. each way fee.
    Neiman Marcus has some nice bags.

15. CalifLovesVegas

CalifLovesVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "American Tourister Atmosphera II overnight tote in order to avoid Spirit's carry on baggage fees. The bag measures 15x14x8.5 and sells for $39 at Walmart. The handle retracts and it has wheels. It fits under the airline seats with no problems....if it can fit under Spirit's seat, I am sure it will with Frontier. I have recently loaned this bag out twice to some co-workers that were flying on Spirit and never had a problem with the bag not fitting under the seat. I can easily put all the clothes that I need for a 3 or 4 day Vegas trip in my tote [2 prs of slacks, 3 or 4 shirts, socks, underwear, extra pair of shoes, shaving kit, and room for a little more]."

This is Exactly the bag I was going to recommend. I bought 3 from Walmart.com (because none in stock)
    Gave one to my mom,. and Son travels on biz alot, he likes it too. And one for me.
    I think they come in blue or black.
    They are perfect for Women Or Men. They do Not look like a feminine carryon.
    I roll mine, and they fit perfectly underneath the seat in front of you.
    Yes, ONLY $39-

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. vwhiten

vwhiten High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $30 each way x 2 people = $120 -- twice a year travel $240 so a $40 bag yes makes sense. Don't need a $500 Neiman Marcus bag.

36th Wedding Anniversary