Trump International

Discussion in '$20 Trick Section' started by heatherlovesvegas, May 6, 2012.

1. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I want to try this when I head to the Trump in a few weeks. From some googling seems like more people have succeeded than failed.

A few questions, is it better to check in a little later? I'm driving in, my friend is flying in, I'm picking her up at like 3-4. Would it be better for us to go hang out for a bit then head to the hotel at like 6 or something instead?

Also it's a pretty busy weekend in Vegas, but not specifically to the Trump.. (Billboard awards at MGM and a fight at Mandalay), does that matter? I mean, how would I know if the hotel is sold out or something. Is it worth even trying?

2. heatherlovesvegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I had success this weekend at the Trump!! :thumbsup: well, actually I chickened out. But, I think the lady still saw my $20 crumpled up in my hand. So first she asked if we wanted to pay to upgrade, and we said no. Then she asked if this was our first stay at the Trump and I said yes, I'm from Cali and my friend flew in to come to the Idol finale with me, and we wanted to stop in Vegas first (true), and we started talking about Idol and stuff, and how I won tickets to the Billboard awards. Then she said, I'm going to give you the 1 bedroom complimentary! So then she walked us out through the lobby, gave us a few recommendations and I gave her the $20 and we were on our way to the HUGE 1 bedroom corner suite!!

The reason I chickened out is because the guy next to us was trying to add a day to his reservation and his attendant said, oh we are 98% sold out, every hotel in Vegas is pretty booked up, the rate is $398 for tonight, Yikes!! (we paid $130 on priceline). So I figured it probably wasn't worth asking.

But it worked out! The lady was SO nice we were so grateful. Having 2 showers was the best thing ever. I will definitely be back to the Trump.

3. heatherlovesvegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were at the Trump 2 weeks ago, and we had purchased a basic 1 bedroom (we got a 1 bedroom because I was joining them, we had to be sure we'd have the couch for me to sleep on). My dad slipped a 20 and asked for a view or a bigger room and we got a corner suite, with a slightly nicer view (pretty much a dead on view of the Wynn and down the north strip) and they told me she didn't take the $20 and it would be her pleasure to upgrade them anyways (something tells me they should of slid it to her later haha but they didn't). The room was really nice! I love it there, my parents were highly impressed. I highly recommend staying there, great staff, great rooms.

Tags: