1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Trip Report with a bunch of poker

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by TRN, Dec 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TRN

TRN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. kools

kools Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At the 5/10 game - I am down to 600ish after losing a big hand with KK when an Ace hit the river and AQ short stack doubled up off of me. On the button I end up calling a small raise to 30 with J5 suited (3 players in the hand). Flop: 258 rainbow. Villain 1 bets 50, villain 2 raises to 125, I flat 125, villain 1 shoves, villain 2 calls, I am a short stack and figure I am making a terrible call but could triple up here if I get lucky. Three-way all in, turn and river both end up being low junk (like 6/3)... Both villains show AK, my J5 takes down the pot. They both look at me like I'm stoned

---> just started reading your trip report. What were your reads on v1 and v2? Sick call on the flop 125. I can see justifying the all in depending on reads

3. kools

kools Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am in the hijack position (one position before the dealer button) sitting in seat #9 to the right of the dealer for this hand. First player UTG (seat 4) raises preflop to 60 (standard open raise in this game regardless of hand strength), when it got to me I three-bet to 140 with 77 on the button - intending to weed out weak aces or draw hands. The button position in this hand (seat #1, on the left of the dealer) calls, and everyone else folds out. The challenging part here is that this table just opened up 30 mins ago, and this guy sat down about 10 mins ago... so I've seen him play one hand, and not even through the river... so my read on him is very minimal.

Pot size is now $370 pre-flop.

Flop: 722 - I flopped a full house - 77722 with my cards.

I check, he bets $220, I call. Pot size is $810.

Turn: J

I check, he bets $280, I raise to $740, he calls. Pot size is now $2290.

River: 9

This time I lead out on the bet, I bet $1400 (leaving me about 2800 behind). He thinks for a minute, and re-raises all in (he bought in for $20k in this uncapped game - brought a couple of $5k chips to the table with him).

---> Reading through the action you posted... that is a rough beat, but i don't see why you don't bet the flop? You risk getting it checked to the turn and losing a ton of value. And calling his flop bet instead of raising polarizes your range to either a monster or absolutely nothing. As played, I would have made it at least 1000 on the turn. Chalk it up as an expensive life lesson

Kuddos for walking away and not playing on tilt

4. TRN

TRN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was thinking a bet would scare a bunch of tight players away on that flop, and was trying to think of how to get max value from the villain. Hindsight is 20/20, but when I'm in the middle of the hand every second feels like an hour and I needed to make a decision :) I hear you though... definitely should have bet the flop.

5. TRN

TRN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Based on play history at that table over the past few hours, I figured suited AT+, offsuit Ax, and pretty much any pair for both... both had a pretty wide range even from early position, and both liked to play flops and turns with air...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.