1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Trip report - Monte Carlo - Live, at least I hope so!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Piggylane, Oct 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

If you saw or experienced the weather front that went though the USA the past couple days you might understand why it took me 13 hours to get from Dallas to Las Vegas.

I had been staying in Fort Worth for a couple days, downtown at the Renaissance and they gave me one of the nice balcony suites as I'm a Marriott Platinum for Life and loyal since the program was established. On Thursday evening the sky darkened, the Intellicast radar app on my iPad started screaming and 50 to 60 mph winds and hail hit downtown Fort Worth. The storm actually ripped off a dorm room roof in Arlington, TX.

Weather like that frequently delays air traffic so I was ready for a long day the next day.

At 140 a.m. my iPhone dinged with a message from Delta indicating that my outbound flight from DFW would be 40 minutes late. Given that I had a 47 minute connection in ATL.... I called Delta's Diamond line. They rebooked me in First at 140 pm.

Now you're saying "Who is this fool, going from DFW-ATL-LAS? Why not take Spirit for $110 direct?" Call me Stu Pedass but I travel for business, wasn't in a hurry, need the miles this year and don't like discount sardine cans that charge you $10 if you put a newspaper in the seatback pocket.

The 740 am flight left at 814 am! Many people - sheeple - stood in line when we arrived so they could get their flight rebooked. It's quicker to call. Someone told me they wouldn't get out of Atlanta for eight hours!

When I arrived here in Las Vegas it took 30 minutes for my bags to arrive (I have to check them for reasons I won't explain). Then, and I've never seen this before, I stood in line for about 20 minutes to get on the bus for the rental car center! There were over a hundred people in line for one bus every five minutes.

Hertz got me a nice new Buick Lacrosse, I dropped off my laundry and headed to Monte Carlo.

Check in at the VIP desk was quick - good thing I'm Platinum, the main check in at 530 pm was packed.

My Monaco Suite is on a non-smoking floor and overlooking the construction of the new arena. I tried to take pictures but until the Sun hits the area the light is insufficient for a decent one. They're pouring concrete for one of the four elevator shafts right now. If I can get a good picture I'll post it.

Yes, I pounded on a few slots. Enough to generate over 30,000 Tier credits. Didn't win anything at the High Limit ones but I took over $1400 from a Super Times pay playing 50 cent Ten Play Double Bonus. Got 4OAK nines times five for 1250 credits ($625) as my best hit.

Playing Crazy Four poker the dealer, Leonardo, was psychic. He knew in advance, over and over, his cards and ours (there was one other person playing). He did this repeatedly! The last hand he dealt before going to the next table I never touched the cards. I asked him what I had, he said a flush in hearts, Jack high. So I tripled my bet. He was correct! That freaked me out. I was up only $280 so I colored in and got away from the table. Very, very weird. Nice guy, though.

I ate at the Yusho Japanese restaurant and was one of three people inside, at 8 pm, on a Friday night. Jessica, the bartender, says they are doing well. I wonder though. The fried oyster bun was fantastic but the shrimp ramen was so-so. Yes, I had better in Japan. However, they have grilled octopus and it's fresh so another trip back for that and a couple more steamed buns is in the works.

Headed out to pick up a test instrument from FEDEX then not sure. I have a MyVegas ticket to see Fantasy, again, so maybe I'll do that tonight.

# # #

2. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Loving your report & looking forward to more!! Congrats on the nice hits!

3. PayTriple

PayTriple The Cucumber King

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoying your report, thanks!

4. JerryD

JerryD Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoying the report!

That Thursday night weather didn't hit us down here further south. Had a nice lightning storm, but no more than that.

Good luck and bring some of that money back to The Lonestar State!!

5. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, it's been crazy.

Here's the rundown so far:

Eats:

Yusho at Monte Carlo. I like the noodles at Beijing Noodle House Number 9 at Caesars better. But the oyster steam bun was excellent! The draught booze cola was weird. Fizzy too. Two got me started for the night.

Ate at DJ's Taco house at the Hawaiian Marketplace. Absolutely filthy place. Tacos were just OK.

Every other place unremarkable.

Gambling:

Nearing 100,000 tier credits in two days. It's been an amazing run. Too many slot hits to mention. Many on the Dragon's Law pennies, a couple near $1000. Many in the $300-$500 range. Hit them at Monte Carlo, NYNY and Luxor. Also hit 4OAK kings, five play, wheel spin for an additional 2700 credits (25 cents) at Gold Coast this morning. Cashed out over $1100. Started with $40 in.

At Luxor, feeling flush, I dropped a $100 into a $25 Top Dollar machine in the high limit area. Got the Top Dollar spin on the first try! $875 (35 credits). Happy, Happy, Happy!

I have pictures of all these but have been unsuccessful uploading them. I've resized them to be fairly small but when I go to upload the server just sits there....

I'm way up for the trip. Hope to stay that way.

Fantasy tonight compliments of MyVegas. I've seen it before but it's free and I have nothing else to do.

6. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice hit on the hl slots. The taste of electronic Crack.

Good luck.

7. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a good trip so far! :thumbsup:

8. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like you're off to a good start.

Christmas Trip. Sam's Town & MSS
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.