1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Trip report in progress

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by engicedave, May 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

My Trip Report

Started out great! At airport, got the FIRST parking spot on the FIRST parking floor, right next to elevator. No searching, no long bag drag....SWEET!
    Landed a non-stop flight on SWA from Orlando to LV, nice flight. Guy next to me is HUGE, but not fat, his shoulders are wider than the seat. Says going to LV to do some bodyguard work. Nice guy, former special ops (he says).
    Hertz texts me my car type, color and location upon landing, nice Chevy Malibu.
    Rather than drive strip to Planet Hollywood, I take tunnel back around, to Tropicana, turn right on Koval, left on Harmon and I am at the valet in and easy 10-15 minutes. Really only caught one light at Trop.
    Check in at PH, knew I was getting a Resort Vista suite (photos to follow later, and video), but wasn't sure if I would get a fountain view or what, being such a huge weekend. But another big score, I got 22 floor, almost top of building, overlooking the strip and B fountains. Bedroom has 3 windows, one overlooks Malrquee pool at Cosmo, other overlooks same, plus Cosmo building and third, while sitting on the bed, looks directly at B fountains. Window in bathroom, next to tub also looks out at Paris balloon (that needs a paint job bad) and B fountains, however, to look at fountains from tub, that puts TV overhead, behind. TV is totally visible from shower.
    My host, love her to death, had room all ready for me (even though she is away this week) with a tray of chocolate strawberries, a box of mixed nuts and 4 bottles of water.
    I also was reminded I had $440 in free play.
    So go get vouchers for the FP, go to HL and while I lost on them, they kept me alive for a while, maybe 45 mins to an hour, got lost of points on their dime. FYI, HL slots has moved at PH, it is not longer by Pleasure Pit, that's now HL tables, HL slots is now by entrance to Miracle Mile Shops. So after I lost the FP, I went to the bankroll and played some. Doing ok, nothing spectacular. I see this odd "pink diamonds" with free games that I have never seen before. It's a $5 machine, but like 10 lines, 2 lines per credit, but full play and the qualify for free games is $25...ouch! But, looked interesting so I decide to give it a whirl, thinking I'll give it a handy or two. I get a free games play, wind up up about a hundred and keep playing and hit which is on reel one 3 "double 7" second reel is a single regular 7 and third reel is 1 double 7 and 1 single 7.....$1400 hand pay! Sweet!
    Play some more and stay alive, but now I am playing on house money.
    Move on to some pennies and quarters,have some fun, nothing major, but...like I said, I'm having fun as well as racking up points anytime on the clock, the way to making hosts happy.
    Stumble across a .25 double 7's with free games, play the required max, 18 credits, $4.50 a spin. What a super friendly machine! Lots of free games, some paying well, some not, and an annoying little habit of running me down and then giving back. I put in only a $20 bill, walked away 45 mins later up $300 and 250 +/- tier points, meaning I coined in about 1200 or so dollars on 20 bucks!
    Went up stairs to change and relax for a few minutes, then head over to Paris. They're doing some work there as some machines and moved about and the single deck blackjack pit is covered up. Gordon Ramsey's Steak is scheduled to open on the 7th, I asked a host about being able to partake in the obvious soft opening going on, but was told that was only for CET and Paris employees, no public, he even went back to double check and manager said "nope, no public"
    Played along on the $5 machines, win some lose some, and I get a nice hit on a Double Gold for about $500 and then the machine seemed to die. Cash out up about $300 on it. Play a $5 2x-3x-4x-5x which is the past has proven to be on or off, and last night is was doing ok, just staying alive, but my gut says something is going to happen, and it did, a red 7-4x-red 7....50 credits times 4....$1000! Move along, have some hot and cold, play some pennies up down up down and go to a 5-way .10 "Double Wild" and within a few spins I am up $300! Cash and dash, baby! Played a little more in Paris and came back to PH, as it was getting late on a long day.
    Go play some $1 5-way, win some lose some and eventually get a few hundred dollar hit, making me even on those machines. I go back to the PH HL play some more, not going great, and then decided to finish out the night going big and trying a $5 5-way again. $100 *poof* $100 *poof* and then *BAM* $800...cash and dash!
    Go to room and count out to find I am only down about $300,but got in my 4 hours+ and racked about 4500 in tier credits, a coin in of about $22K, and did it pretty much on house money.
    Going to go wander this morning, haven't been to Encore or Pallazo since done, in all my times of coming (just never bothered) or Luxor since redone. maybe see if they can squeeze me in at Art of Shaving. Get my CET play in later today and then go to a motorcycle race in Orleans tonight.

Talk to you tomorrow

2. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My Daughter and Son-in-law are at PH this weekend. Arrived late last night and are going to concert tomorrow at PH.

First Trip 2017
  3. weluvvegas

weluvvegas Vegas Slot Junkie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great TR so far, looking forward to more + pics! I'd love to stay at PH sometime but CET just doesn't give us those comps like MLife does.

40th Birthday Bash!
  4. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Loving those slot player trip report.

Cant wait for the rest

5. JulieM

JulieM Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    me too!!!love it:beer:

6. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

Glad you all are enjoying it.
    Good morning!
    Being an east coaster, still waking up early, but I am also going to sleep early, no 3AM Eternal for me.

Play yesterday wasn't as great, played a little in PH, that .25 Double Sevens w/free games was good again, put in about $40 and cashed out at $200. The HL slots were being jerks, and I should know better, because early morning in any HL room is usually bad, but I gave it a. Try, lost a few hundred.
    Walked down to Venetian/Palazzo, as I have yet to go through Palazzo, is usually stay around mid and south strip. Signed up for a Grazie card, saw they had these bright orange backpacks and asked if I got one, "once you get 2800 points" I said "OK, see you in a bit"
    By the way, while walking through Shops of Palazzo, I saw an Art of Shaving, and made a 1:00 appointment. So I had about 2.5 hrs to kill.
    So got my card, go to a $1 5-way which was playing well but not really giving up any good wins. Run $200 through it and realized I had already rung up about 1200 points, so I'm thinking "I got this" amd go play some Pennie stuff. Found a bank of .01 Quick Hits and ground out a bunch of points, but no wins. I could have quit up a little, but greed got me and I kept playing on
    T to lose it. Did this a few times on a few machines. Not big losses on pennies, good fun, but their $1 and $5 machines flat suck, lost my ass. Never the less, got my 2800 points in about an hour and a half, go back and the woman looked completely surprised I was back so fast. Come to find out I had just crossed 3000 points, so I got the backpack AND $65 in FP, so, ok, cool. Take my FP back to the 5-way, jam on it and bam, up $300....cash and dash!
    Go to Art of Shaving and meet my "master barber," David. Nice man, kind of reminds me of Mr Bates from Downton Abbey. He explains out the entire process in advance, by the way, I opted for the Royal Shave. Also, FYI, he uses a real straight razor, it's a disposable blade, but is a straight razor.
    Lays be back in the chair almost flat and applies warm lather, warm towel wrap, then more warm lather and then begins to gently scrape your face. It doesn't hurt, it just feels different, being a straight edge, it feels like scraping. Gentle scraping. You can tell he takes great pride in detailing, little stuff, small corners, very precise. Then you're wiped up, warm towel again, a shave balm, eye pads for puffy eyes, another warm towel and during this time, the chair gives you a light back massage, when chairs is done, he gives a solid neck and shoulder massage, he then removes eye pad, wes off balm, adds a moisturizer light fae massage and then a ice cold towel face wrap, this is to constrict the pores.
    Overall, a very nice experience. Would not only recommend, but do every time in LV. $55 + tip.
    Walk back to PH, had a hot dog at Pinks (good), and go play at Paris, play the $5's and all in all, came away a few hundred ahead, but still down for the day. Go to the pennies, and just start killing it. Play a "BAM" penny machine, 125 a spin, kept hitting bonuses and walked away about $200 up. Same happened on another penny machine, then see a slingo penny and say, wtf, and put in a twenty. Right way, first spin, big win, up to sixty, then spun again, another hundred, spin again and I wind up at $220, after the twenty in, it's a 200 dollar profit. Go to PH, play a $1 5-way, third spin, up to $300, cash and dash. This happened a few times during the day, but overall I was down about $700.
    Went to the motorcycle race at Orleans, got there during break between day qualifiers and night main event, see a friend, grab a bite and sit at some penny machine, I put in twenty, and ten minutes later, cash at $132. Off to the races.
    Meet a racer, agree to give him sponsor support for the year, and he goes out and wins the main event, his first ever! Sweet!
    Get back to PH, play a little, probably make $200, so finish down a few hundred, but put in over 2500 CET Tier points, so a coin in of over $12,000 and not to mention my play at Palazzo. I arrived here with about 6000 tier points, I am now over 12,000 and the Diamond stays alive
    Off to Supercross, (live on speed tonight), and then leaving early to go to the STYX/REO Sppedwagon/Ted Nugent show were I will have backstage all access pass.

See ya tomorrow!

7. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

By the way, I am typing fast on an iPad and not really proof reading, so sorry for the typos.

8. sabrina

sabrina Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    love your report typos and all :)

9. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seems like to you don't care if you win or lose, just as long as your rack up tier credits.

10. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

No, just having a good time, but I pay attention to my tier points to ensure I am comp'd properly.

11. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We actually try to stay on East Coast time. In the morning we have our choices of table games and machines since everyone is still sleeping or just getting home from last nights party.
    Also, it makes the restaurants less crowded by eating on East Coast time.

Just wondering how are you calculating your coin in since the session points per $$$ varies from machine to machine.

12. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

On the readout, it shows how many to make a point, plus I watch it as I push and calculate the coin in per point. It's pretty much $5 per TIER point, it's the Reward Credits that vary from machine to machine and denom to denom.
    So yesterday was another decent day, some nice wins, many losses. Overall a losing day, but had some good wins to keep me alive. That Double Sevens was hot and cold. Got a $800 hit on a $5 5-way, was playing some pennies bouncing up and down, left for the concert down about $500
    So last night I went to a concert, Ted Nugent/STYX/REO Speedwagon.
    Great time last night at the Ted Nugent/Styx/REO Speedwagon show.
    Friend has his buddy Jimmie, who is a guitar tech for REO, who got me backstage and was a gracious host, showed me around, how everything works, the staff tour bus and more.
    Watched entire show from stage side right. Fascinating how it's all done. Bands were really good. Tight show for each. Styx replacement for Dennis DeYoung, while good, is a freaking ham....really cheesy.
    Jimmie gave me a working crew pass, which got me anywhere without any hassle and a few picks from the band.
    Afterwards I played another hour, was staying even, upped my play and started losing, was down about $500 on the session, was on the dollar 5-ways again on a 2/3/4/5x and hit a triple bar 2x/3x for $800 and called it a might.
    Right now hanging out in a villa at Paris pool watching talladega car race and chilling out. Got another race to go to tonight at Orleans, so trying to relax today.

Overall, I'm losing, but having fun.

13. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

OK gang, final installment and the photos and a video of the Resort Vista Room at PH

As mentioned, I ditched the race I was supposed to go to early and went to see the Styx/REO/Nugent show....

[​IMG]

Before show, Ted was up first, so got a photo in front of the band set up. Ted basically played only two guitars, though many were on display as part of the stage set up.
    [​IMG]

The guitar Ted uses during Great White Buffalo to finish the show, shooting with a bow and arrow. It's a real guitar and a real arrow, but the back has a steel barrier covered in a replaceable white plastic composite, so he does actually shoot it, it does go in it, but they peel off the backing and replace it. Jimmie says it's heavy as shit as a guitar goes.
    [​IMG]

Ted onstage, this was my view for the evening. Funny thing, while Ted is playing there was a house TV on the side of the stage playing the DAL/OKC basketball playoff game, so I watched Ted and the Mavs get eliminated at the same time
    [​IMG]

Ted shooting the guitar at end of show
    [​IMG]

Styx onstage
    [​IMG]

REO set list and the name of each bass for each song so Jimmie gets him the right bass at the right time
    [​IMG]

REO onstage, guy with long blonde hair is bassist, who's equipment Jimmie takes care of
    [​IMG]

My one handpay.....
    [​IMG]

Some of the wins I got that kept me alive, I didn't take pictures of all of them, so this is just a sampling
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also found the $1 5-ways by the Spice Market escalator to work pretty well, would usually come away ahead a hundred or two

I had a pool villa at Paris on sunday, this is what the inside of the rooms/villa looks like
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and sunday night I had dinner at Craftsteak at MGM
    I was able to walk up solo at 8pm on a sunday and get a table right away.
    Ordered the Surf and Turf, a 6oz filet and half a tail, along with fingerling potatoes and the most amazing baby carrots and rosemary that I will spend the rest of my life trying to recreate. Steak was prepared perfectly as ordered, medium, and came in a small cast iron tray with the tail and a claw (removed from shell), the potatoes were well seasoned, but nothing spectacular, but the carrots were amazing as they had this browning glaze, apparently from the natural sugars in the carrots with some rosemary, which were perfectly al dente...not mushy or hard
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I was thinking about the question of my "worrying" about my tier points and I realized that points give me a way to measure my play myself, even if not a winning trip. If I take the same amount of money and accumulate more points, that means I stretched my bankroll more than usual. Nevertheless, I racked up just under 10,000 points in one trip, think that's a record for me.

14. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

[YOUTUBE]DXK9A9WgsuU[/YOUTUBE]

15. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd say you concert "seats" weren't to shabby at all! That's pretty awesome.

16. winwin

winwin Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As an avid slot player, i am thoroughly enjoying your TR. Keep it coming!!

17. winwin

winwin Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As an avid slot player, i am thoroughly enjoying your TR. Keep it coming!!

18. Iamrice

Iamrice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice view from the tub!

19. JulieM

JulieM Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

DITTO...:beer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.