1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Trip Report for Treasure Island (July 2010)

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Coach Terry, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coach Terry

Coach Terry Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

My lovely wife and I went the Treasure Island for a 3 day gambling trip July 25-28. This was a basic trip for us.

1) We had an offer: 3 nights in a comped Suite, $500 in Freeplay, and $250 in Food. This included the check-in in the VIP lounge.
    2) We arrived via first class flight via Delta. The trip was smooth and we arrived very early in the morning.
    3) We stored the luggage on arrival and spent a couple of hours gambling before heading to check-in. We did not try the $20 trick this time. We were happy with our offer. We received a Petite Suite on the top floor (Floor 36) with a view of the Strip looking right down on the Mirage Volcano. Without a doubt it was a nice room with a very nice view and the bed was wonderful.
    4) We ate at the following places: Canters Deli, TI Coffee Shop (2 times for Breakfast), TI Dishes, and Gilley’s. We really enjoyed the BBQ at Gilley’s and they offered Sweet Tea. For a boy from South Carolina this was just plain wonderful.
    5) We did go shopping at the Fashion Show Mall -since is so nicely located next to TI. We also went over to the Mirage to do a little gambling. Otherwise we were gambling at TI. No issues with the tram service.
    6) My wife and I did nothing but slots. As far as slots go: my wife likes Goldfish 2, Enchanted Unicorn, and Zeus II (and others). We both had great runs at times. I play just about anything on the slots -but like Goldfish 2, Money Storm, Invaders from the Planet Moolah, Wizard of Oz, Frog Princess, and Alien (Mirage). I tried the Sex in the City game again - it was just OK again. I also tried U-Spin at Ti – I had some luck, but nothing great. We did purchase a keno ticket each night (50 games for $25). Just about broke even – and for Keno that is not bad!
    7) Drink service was awesome as always – a definite plus for TI
    8) Good experiences with the cab drivers - no attempts to take the tunnel.
    9) Took advantage of the VIP lounge - they offer free drinks and snacks throughout the day - The soda are in cans so - we go in a couple of times a day to grab a soda and cookie!
    10) No resort fee for comped guests - but you can take advantage of the "free" stuff - we did not.
    11) No shows this trip
    12) During this trip, my wife earned 12,500+ slot points and I earned 7,500+ slot points. We are using our Treasure Chest gift points to order a new Ipod for my wife –hers is dying a slow death.
    13) We checked out Wednesday morning around 9 am and headed to the airport. We did a little last minute shopping and gambling. The Security Line was long - the First Class line made it go a little faster but that was long too!
    14) Hope to go back this Christmas (December) We will wait to see what the offers are and make plans we they start coming in.

If you have any questions -I will gladly answer

2. cougarenegade

cougarenegade Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    sounds like you had a great trip. how would you compare TI's comps now under Ruffin versus previously under the mgm/mirage regime?

3. Coach Terry

Coach Terry Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very Simply - BETTER! We really appreciate the comps. The hosts seem to actually care about us.

Also - The Treasure Chest Points are actually something we can use now - under the MGM/Mirage -we were never able to cash in out Holiday SHoppe Points because of the restrictions.

4. ardee

ardee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the report, Coach Terry.
    Now, that's my kind of trip!

I can't remember the last time we've been in TI but Gilley's BBQ sounds tempting.

Thanks again. A fun and informative read.

5. Coach Terry

Coach Terry Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I forgot

That we also had ice cream at Ben & Jerry's - very tasty!

6. VegasDiva

VegasDiva VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad you had a great trip :) Thanks for sharing

7. frankiii

frankiii Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another TI stay

Coach
    going to TI for 5 days for labor day I normlly get about 30000 point
    hope the comps are as good as last year

8. KimberlyJ

KimberlyJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for taking time to post . . . sounds like a good time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.