1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Trip Report 7/6-7/9 WITH ENGAGEMENT!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Longhornanth, Jul 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Longhornanth

Longhornanth Newbie

My Trip Report

Well, after months and months of planning, the vegas trip had arrived. My fiance turned 21 on tuesday the 6th, so thats the day we arrived at the MGM. I had the grand tower, but with the 20 dollar trick, we were easily upgraded to the bungalow suite. VERY VERY nice room. Couldn't have been ANY happier with the MGM. Very large, but the pool was outstanding. 6 acres of lazy rivers, and about 5 or 6 different pools, and about 4 bars. Wonderful experiences there. So first night, I start my gambling, and get hot on the 357 poker tables, and then again at roulette at the MGM. So after starting up early, we grab a big ol drink and head over to the Palms. VEGASHOST had put us on the VIP list for skin and ghostbar, and after droppin around 300 dollars on black at the roulette wheel, we headed to the clubs. We were treated VERY VERY well, and enjoyed our time at skin and ghostbar. what a view! Well, wednesday we just took in the sights, checked out the dolphins, then went down to the hilton, and saw Trent Carlini. It was an outstanding performance, and I was very impressed with the show. We had great seats, as my fiance's dad was great friends with the drummer. Wed night after the show, we went downtown and gambled away too much money, then soothed out pockets with the ol 2.95 breakfast at binions. Can't beat that. Thursday morning I got up early to go make the gondola reservations at the venetian. My plan was to propose on the gondola at 6 pm with her folks, and all my friends around watching. I had a sedan pick us up from MGM and we arrived at the venetian at 5:30. I nervously killed time with her in the canal shops until 6, when we boarded the boat. As we made it to the turnaround, We saw her family, and I dropped to my knee, and proposed. She was so surprised, and everybody was cheering and clapping. So many people came up to us afterwards and congratulated us on the engagement. It was a pretty great event. Couldnt have pulled it off any better. Everything went off without a hitch, and the surprise was worth every bit of effort. So after that, we all had a champagne toast at Postrio inside the venetian. Outstanding food, as was to be expected from wolfgang puck. After dinner, we saw the mirage volcano, and the fountains at bellagio. Friday was more sightseeing and a little bit more gambling, with ZERO luck, just as the rest of the trip had been. Anyways all in all, I had more fun than I could have possibly imagined. As always Vegas was incredible. The engagement was the icing on the cake. What a way to wrap up the trip!! Can't wait till next year!

2. Little Bob

Little Bob Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congratulations! Don't ever stop trying to impress her. You will get out as much as you invest in a relationship. Take her to Vegas on a regular basis and tell her everyday that you love her! Good luck!!!!

3. nbg

nbg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excellent news, well done [​IMG]

4. St George

St George Tourist

That's a bit much isn't it Bigbob?

My last girlfriend would've probably dumped me, or at the very least offered me some form of physical violence, if I'd continuously told her I loved her every day. [​IMG]

5. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    George--obviously, ya gotta know YOUR woman. I, for one, LOVE my husband to tell me he loves me every day. More than once even ;)

Sounds like a very romantic proposal--congratulations on your impending nuptials :D

6. birdie88

birdie88 Guest

{{swooning}} Congrats on your engagement and on your romantic proposal!

Is there a saying--"Unlucky at gambling...lucky at love?" Probably not, but there should be!!! [​IMG]

7. vegashost

vegashost Guest

I couldn't have planned it better myself. What a great story to tell the lil ones. Glad you had a great time!!

8. Mia4071

Mia4071 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats!!Congrats!!Congrats!!

Thanks for sharing such a great moment in your trip with us on the boards!. Good luck with everything...Glad to hear you loved MGM as much as I did! [​IMG]

9. vikkign

vikkign Tourist

What a fantastic trip report!! I was very impressed with the romantic proposal. Thanks for sharing with all of us. [​IMG]

10. scoobagirl

scoobagirl Tourist

Oh, man. You are fantastic!

I would have swooned if my DH had done such a thing way back then....what a cool thing to do.

I hope she appreciates what she's got - you're a keeper for sure.

Thanks for sharing your story! [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.