1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Trip Report 3-29-4/1 (Encore)

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by RVA, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RVA

RVA Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

This was mostly a "business" trip but it included some fun so I figured I would post it. Plane landed at 930 am local Vegas time and I was checking in at Encore by 1015. M<y room was ready, but the room key activator was down so I had to come back. This gave me my first chance to finally go and eat at Peppermill....It was everything I thought it would be. Having woken up at 3 am and flown cross country I felt I was up all night drinking so the expereince was how it should be when at Peppermill....I sat at the counter and had a burger...everything I saw coming off the line looked great...Then went to Riveria to loose some $ very fast....After checking in and a nap went and played $10 minimum blackjack switch for an hour or so in Encore and came away with a bigger stack of chips than what I started with...I was in town to take my level 1 exam with the Master Court of Sommeliers so I had early mornings the next 2 days...I did eat lunch at Noodles in Bellagio each afternoon...very good for a quick lunch if thats what you need there. After a full day of tasting and lectures on Tues. I had dinner at Bartolotta in Wynn...very good...On Wed. after passing my exam and after our post exam Champagne celebration I headed back to Encore..had dinner at Sinatra....was great as it was a year ago..had to osso bucco...played more blackjack switch..this time $15....and came away yet again with an even bigger stack of chips.....headed to the airport at 330am and made my way back home....although this trip wasnt the typical vacation trip..i still had a blast

2. rosec73

rosec73 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First off, Congrats on passing your exam, and secondly glad you had a blast.
    Way to Go!:thumbsup:

3. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the post.

later, GVJ

4. GSS

GSS Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for posting

5. BackInVegas

BackInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Give us some wine recommendations

Congrats on your being a Master Sommelier.

I look forward to hearing the good wine recommendations. In Vegas I always order French Bordeaux because I can find a LARGE selection.

I like reds. In my town I am stuck with buying mostly Californian reds. My last nice find was a 2007 Dan Aykroyd Cabernet Sauvignon, Discovery Series, Sonoma County. I expected it to be young, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Normally, I don't buy celebrity wines because they mostly are just a name on the label. Like a Newman and the (OMG) Ditka. Mike Ditka strikes me as a man that has no clue what a bottle of wine is.

But Aykroyd has struck me as a man that gets involved and immersed in what he is doing.

I even bought another bottle to let it age.

6. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I found this with the Coppola wines. Tried twice, no mas. Not that great!

7. JulieM

JulieM Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for posting:beer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.