1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Trip Insurance

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Turtleman, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Trip insurance seems counter to gambling; but yesterday for the first time ever, I did so for next month's trip purchased with miles on Delta. I was undecided if I even wanted to go, having returned from 7 nights just 3 weeks ago, so I thought it would be good to have the miles returned if cancelling. (The $27 insurance seemed a lot cheaper than the $150 Delta charges unless you're Platinum or Diamond Medallion.) Only after reading the fine print afterwards did I realize that the insurance covers reimbursement for just about everything EXCEPT cancelling on a whim! Fortunately, I was able to cancel the insurance this morning, so unless I change my mind before midnight, I'll be going … or pay Delta $150 to put the miles back. (I'm usually not this wishy-washy, but nothing in my life over the past year has been "usual.")

So now that that's over, I'm wondering if anyone knows of or can recommend travel insurance where you can cancel and get reimbursed (miles or dollars) for ANY reason. And yes, that's a good reason to fly Southwest, but I have lots of miles on Delta, so it made sense to spend some this time.

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Website called insuremytrip.com offers all different kinds and companies.

In the end, only one side wins the insurance game - the house, again.

We travel domestic often, and intl at least once a year. We usually do not get insurance, but sometimes get medical evacuation and coverage. Most insurance purchases are emotionally based - almost as if the insurance insures they will still make the trip. If you don't go, you still don't go.

3. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't speak about insurance since we never take it, but I noticed your timer. Looks Kim and I might be at MSS at the same time you are.

4. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nostresshere: Thanks – I'm looking into "Cancel For Any Reason" insurance, though it's probably not worth it.

Ty: It looks like we'll both be at MSS my last two nights. It would be a shame not to meet!

5. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds good, maybe some others will join us.

• Like Like x 1
  6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, that site offers cancel for no reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.