1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

trip 7/29-8/4

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by sporty8705, Aug 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

this is my first trip report....

Trip Report 7/29- 8/4

a note: It rained wednesday and thursday and a part of tuesday.

Sunday
    Family and I were up by 2, on the road by 4. Got into Vegas about 9.
    Went to MGM to check in they said it would be about 2 hours. We went to the Circus and rode a ride in the Adventure dome. Played some games and then got tired of 15000000000000 people all over the place. Came back at 1pm, still not ready. We went to Excalibur, came back at 3:15, and called to see if rooms were ready, still not so the lady moved us to other rooms. We finally got 2 adjoining rooms on the 17th floor. Got 100.00 in food credits. Went down to the pool for a little while.
    Ate dinner at Nathan’s in the MGM food court. I don’t recommend the onion rings or cheese fries from there.
    Side note: don’t get the express breakfast from Nathan’s in the morning; it’s too much for too little.

Monday
    Called maintenance for problems in the rooms and it took 3 calls all day and they came 3 times but still couldn’t fix the problems.
    Went and explored the Excalibur and NYNY arcades. I was shocked to find that they took out the Nathan’s and Ice Cream area there and a chunk of the arcade at NYNY to make more room for meeting spaces. Went to Dicks Last Resort at Excalibur and got a 32oz. cup of their virgin strawberry thing. Went back and went swimming. Then we went to M&M and Coke factory to shop.
    Ate at the Food Court next to M&M and Coke and had subway. That’s expensive, 11 bucks for a foot long and a soda.
    We did the CBS Television City where you watch a show and then give your opinion. We watched Kid Nation and I thought it was really good at some points. So I rated it a 5 and the lady asked me and my mom based on our ratings if we would go to the round table discussion on Tuesday and give our opinions for 50.00.

Tuesday
    Spent the day at the pool in the morning. Then we went to CVS to get drinks, food. Then my mom and I went to the Group and gave our opinions. It was really fun and 50.00 for an hour of opinion giving is nothing.
    We ate at the Rain Forest Café and it was ok. They took off the pizza that we wanted which was cheese and meat with no sauce but they didn’t have it. Had BBQ chicken pizza that was sick.

Wednesday
    Took the monorail to Ballys/Paris and looked around. Then we took the monorail to Harrah’s. We ate the buffet there. We got there right as they were switching to lunch so we had to pay the lunch price. I bought a sweatshirt at Toby Keith’s for 24.00 because it was starting to rain. Then we walked through Mirage shopped. We were going to take a picture on the Revolution letters outside of the bar but security stopped us and that made me mad. We walked through Caesars and shopped. Then back to Harrah’s to take the monorail back to MGM. It was still sprinkling a little bit. We get back to MGM and see about the pool, it’s closed. We go up to the room call the operator and ask for the pool, sorry it’s closed. Ok so I ask since everyone else has their pool open, which they do, can we go somewhere else? The man said ok let me call NYNY and Excalibur and see if you can go over there. He calls me back 10 minutes later; NYNY says its ok if you go over there, let me clear it with a manager. He calls back 5 minutes later, our pool is now open. So we go down for a short while. We go eat at Wolfgang Pucks and have 2 ruffled chips with Blue Cheese and 2 pizzas. It came to around 49.00 and we left a 7.00 tip. The 49.00 came off and the tip was on the room.

Thursday

We took the monorail again around the strip for fun to see if on the other you all need to get out for it to switch tracks like it does at MGM. Nope, it doesn’t. We ride it back to Ballys/Paris then walk to the Planet Hollywood Shops. We look around in there for a little while. We walked back to MGM and stopped at Hawaiian Marketplace to look fro cheap water and shirts. We then book it back to MGM to get the breakfast price for the buffet since we had credits still. Get back up from breakfast and the buffet wasn’t taken off. Call down they tell me yes you still have credits. They took the buffet off and I ask if there were any credits left, she said yes. She said I had 12.00 left. I found that odd since only part of the buffet was supposed to come off there should have been a balance of 14.00 left. But no because Wolfgang’s only charged us 23.00. Wow. We go down to the pool go around the lazy river once and then we hear “Attention MGM guests the pool is now closed due to inclement weather. Please exit the pool.†Ok we leave go to Excalibur get a refill on Dicks drink and then hit the arcade. Eat dinner in the Excalibur food court at McDonalds.
    Go back and go to sleep

Friday

Get up go down to the pool. There until around 1pm. Get dressed go grab buy 1 get one free hot dogs in the MGM food court and 3 dollars off Starbucks. Go down to our arcade and use the tickets up. We leave after we got some prizes; go eat pizza, back to the arcade where we got a zillion more tickets. We then went to the CBS store to use our 10.00 off coupon. I bought a little cosmetic bag for 8.50 so I figured it would be free. Ah…….. No apparently in Nevada the customers are responsible for all sales tax. So I yell at the lady and then go talk to the man at the CBS booth, yes.. Need to pay sales tax… ok I bought it and then we left. Now instead of 10.00 off a purchase it is going to be only 10% off.

Saturday

Get up at 4am, leave by 6am. Home by 10am.

Purchases

I bought a Toby Keith sweatshirt- 24.00
    An MGM sweat out fit from 110.00 – 41.00
    Dinner at McDonalds- 11.00
    Pizza dinner- 25.00
    Nathan’s Fries and Rings- 10.00
    Arcade- a zillion dollars. No probably like 100.00

2. matchu

matchu Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No offense but 7 on 49 is a crappy tip.

3. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Notreally. It's just under 15%, which is the norm (15% exactly would be $7.35) so I don't think it's a "crappy" tip. Besides, tipping is extremely personal.

4. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i guess that i should have added that was what we tipped the waiter. and considering all he does is take our order and give us our check, thats a good tip. there are always other guys who bring the food, fill the water, etc. but we tipped the other guy 10.

5. sin

sin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good report, with the exception of the rain dampening your pool experience it sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for posting!

Oh and, I don't care what you do or don't tip anyone....that's up to you alone as you are the one who received the service.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.