1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

TriggerMN's got a semi...live TR 8/9-8/15

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by TriggerMN, Aug 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TriggerMN

TriggerMN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Leaving at 5:00 AM for the beautiful Caesar's Palace Hotel Ballroom on Lake Wazzapamani. You on the motorbike! You two girls! Tell your friends! That's six nights only, TriggerMN's gambling and pool revue, at Caesar's Palace Hotel Ballroom, on Lake Wazzapamani.

3rd trip for me and the missus, geotwink, this year. We stayed at the Linq for March Madness and at Paris in June when I popped my VP cherry and donated a few hundo to the greater 702.

The past week I spent the first half of my vacation doing a lot of geocaching around the state of Minnesota and spending three days playing golf in the Okoboji lakes area of northwest Iowa. For those who don't know what geocaching is, it's basically an outdoor scavenger hunt where you load latitude and longitude coordinates into a handheld GPS and search for hidden/camoflauged items such as ammo cans, peanut butter jars, or pill bottles. Basically just an excuse to get out and see some different areas of the state and country for us, and it's become a big hobby for us.

We've got five nights comped at Caesar's with no resort fees (booked before they shat in everyone's Wheaties). We were planning on taking a red eye back to Minnesota on late Friday night, but Sun Country bumped us to an early Friday flight. Instead of losing a day of vacation, we decided to rent a car for the last day and drive out to Red Rock to do some hiking and geocaching in that area. Our last night we decided to book solely on cheap price, so we are staying at the Texas Station Gambling Hall simply for a place to crash.

We always give open invites to friends to tag along, and this time geotwink has a friend who took us up on it. She'll be flying out a couple of hours after us and staying for the first three nights. Our only firm plans for the trip are to spend one evening downtown pumping the slots at Mermaids and checking out El Cortez for the first time, as well as eating at Heart Attack Grill that evening. We may see if we can snipe some discounted tickets to MJ1 as well. Geotwink thinks we should check out Secret Pizza also, since all the VMBers about gasm over themselves it seems when discussing that joint. I'm more of a deep dish guy, but you know what they say about pizza.

I know there was a big meetup of VMBers this evening, but if anyone wants to get together for a quick hello, feel free to PM me. We'll probably spend most of our afternoons at the pool, but evenings are for wandering, usually sticking to CET properties.

Hopefully I can make the two grand I owe Ray's music emporium, and whatever's left over can go to The Penguin.

It's 1500 miles to Las Vegas, I've got a full wallet of money, a half cleansed liver, it's dark, and I'm typing up a trip report. Hit it.

2. TriggerMN

TriggerMN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At the airport. I am sure Ms. Furi will approve of my fashion choice for the day.
    image.jpg

3. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck!

Had my first beer from Minnesota this week (Surly Brewing's Overrated West Coast IPA), it was great!

4. TriggerMN

TriggerMN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Surly is good stuff! Just got to Caesars, dumped a hundo into Buffalo, no bonus rounds. Waiting for the food court to open in 15 minutes, or at least until Smashburger changes over to the lunch menu.

5. TriggerMN

TriggerMN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Smashburger for lunch, geotwink added some garlic knots. Geotwink's friend just arrived so we'll wander a bit. Check out these two jabroneys. Shower caps? It's so Delta Bravo to frost your lettuce these days.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

6. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a great trip!

7. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck.....warm up those machines for me ;)

8. martinr

martinr High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "...Ray's music emporium"!
    Try ordering four fried chickens and a coke at the food court there!

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!
  9. TriggerMN

TriggerMN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I opted for the dry white toast. Lost just short of $200 at craps at Paris, decided to go all gchrome and hit a champagne slots. My first crack at Cleo turned out okay.
    image.jpg

10. TriggerMN

TriggerMN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So during my last TR U just uploaded pics from my phone and all was well. This time it is sending a jpg link everyone must click on. Sorry about that. Next time I will fiddle with the tapatalk.

11. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The weird thing is it shows up on tapatalk just like it's supposed to.

12. Mayoman

Mayoman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a great trip.

13. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love the Blues Brothers references.

Good luck!

Downtown - Wanker Returns after baby!
    Wanker Returns After Baby
  14. TriggerMN

TriggerMN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This small hit on China Shores at PHo got me close to even in that machine, then I hidey-hidey lost the rest on Wonka. I should just be paying royalties directly to Gene Wilder at this point.
    image.jpg

The three of us just checked in and got upgraded to Palace Tower for free. A couple hours of down time before we head to Mandalay for the MJ1 show. We got $130 tix at the half price kiosk this morning. We are thinking of trying to find Secret Pizza at Cosmo. Can anyone tell us specifically how to find it?

15. BadKarma

BadKarma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Take the escalators up to the third floor, look ahead as you get off of them. You'll see a small hallway lined with record album covers. That's it!!

16. TriggerMN

TriggerMN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! We just found it! We walked thru the Bellagio on the way. Since the conservatory is the same, I took a photo of the chocolate fountain for the ladies. Better than sex?
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

17. TriggerMN

TriggerMN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is the MJ1 theater at Mandalay Bay. Beforehand I lost at Wonder Woman and Buffalo, but won most of it back at bubble craps. No drink service to speak of here, pretty disappointed in that.
    image.jpg

18. TriggerMN

TriggerMN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MJ1 show was good; I think Love is still better. Came back to Caesar's and ended my night by losing my $200 buy in at poker when my kings got cracked by a guy with Q3 who went runner-runner flush after getting all my money in way ahead. Figures..."but they were suited!" I think that's enough abuse for today.

19. TriggerMN

TriggerMN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, except for this quick hit on the way back to the room. NOW it's time to go to bed. :eek:
    image.jpg

20. TriggerMN

TriggerMN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like my 6-year old niece would say, I just wakeded up. No barking from the dog, no smog, gonna get me some breakfast with no hog. I gotta say it's a good day. The ladies are still sleeping. Time to wake them up, grab grub, and check out the pool area.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.