1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Traveling With A Pillow

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Camp Rusty, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ................do you ?

I have a good friend who flys with her own pillow as her carry on......even internationally.

2. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, wish I could though. I bet she sleeps well, I would suggest only that she puts one of those plastic things on it to keep bugs off.
    (Jealous)

3. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many times, I do. Depends on where I'm going and how light I'm traveling. I have a down travel pillow that squishes pretty small as needed, and I do sleep much better when I have it with me. And when I get home it goes in the wash along with everything else.....

4. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife always takes her pillow. On the flight down she'll scrunch it up against my arm and sleep on the flight and she sleeps well at the hotels.

5. VPDana

VPDana Low-Roller

I live in the Midwest, St. Louis, MO to be exact.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband and I like down pillows, the total opposite of those huge, solid bolster-type pillows our rooms seem to have lately. So, we pack our own down pillows. Down pillows are very light and do not take up much suitcase room. zzzzzzzzzzzzz

6. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done it a few times before and even left one behind accidentally..I just need a flatter/thinner type that I've never come across in hotels...Can't stand the huge fluffy ones. It packs easy in the front suitcase flap.If I forget to pack one,I'll use the pillow case and put 2 pairs of folded jeans in it...F it I'm in Vegas!

7. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never. It will be a PITA to travel around with a pillow.. I'm usually able to sleep using any pillow, so it doesn't really matter for me. I'm usually loyal to a few hotel brands, so it helps that there's some consistency in the pillows that the hotels use.

8. Julie888

Julie888 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not any more. On driving vacations, I had my own pillow. I have too many fears of bed bugs to do this now.

I'm another who wants a thin, soft pillow. I don't know why the hotels think we want fat pillows.

9. flyguyfl

flyguyfl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My travel pillow has two legs.

10. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have some compact travel pillows that I have found to be a PITA to deal with. Couldn't imagine a full size pillow.

11. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not to be disrespectful, but I think traveling with one's own pillow is reserved strictly for pre-teen and teen girls.

12. dernsky

dernsky Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes everywhere i go it goes. very thin pillow cant stand big pillows

13. Kickin

Kickin Flea

If the hotel pillows are too fat for you try calling housekeeping and asking them for a thinner pillow. My girlfriend has done that sometimes and I think they've always had them and brought it up.

I'd prefer it if they got rid off all those extraneous pillows on the bed so I don't have to toss them all off. Especially that stupid bolster pillow it always seems to get in my way no matter where I throw it.

14. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1. Some hotels have pillow menus too (including some 3* hotels). It's a pretty neat amenity, but it's usually reserved for the more upscale hotels.

I'm not big fan of the bolster pillows as well, it's the first thing I toss on the floor along with the bed scarves. It drives me nuts when I see a ton of decorative pillows and bolster pillows on the bed.

15. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This 41 yr old woman and her 46yr old husband who often travel with pillows respectfully disagree with you. My pillow is packed and doesn't have a sparkly or pink pillowcase, so I do distinguish myself from those pre-teens also traveling with their pillows.

You know, we aren't all staying at Hiltons and Marriotts in Orlando when we travel......It's a lot easier on me when I travel to KNOW I have a pillow that will allow me to sleep, esp on business trips when I need to have slept well....(and yeah, I travel with sleeping pills too, just in case :peace:)

If it fits in the luggage (checked or carry-on or otherwise within the parameters) I don't see a problem at all....And I travel LIGHT.....

As someone who often works in bed, I love those bolsters - great for lumbar support :blowkiss:

16. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

How exceedingly rude of you.

:wink2:

17. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm like Julie, the bed bug worry keeps me from doing this now.

18. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha! I know... you'd think after 56 years on this earth I'd learn to keep my yap shut about issues particularly sensitive to ladies.

19. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Due to surgeries-issues etc I now have seat cushions in both cars that stay in each car. And I've started carrying those U shaped pillows on trips. Most people use them around their necks, I sit on them. I get them at the $1 so if I'm ever suspicious of bugs or whatever, I can toss them. When I was picking up pillow cases at Walmart I saw they have a smaller travel pillow available. It beats lugging a big one around if you need it to sleep. They even had smaller pillow cases for them.

20. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's super easy to find small pillows - fabric & craft stores, linen stores (expensive and discount) have all sorts of options. My husband (some days I call him Princess eg Princess & the Pea ;-) was super picky about a travel pillow so I bought ~6 options - different sizes, shapes & fills - and let him pick. I'm a terrible seamstress but even I can sew a couple of straight (ish) seams to make a pillowcase for them :) So he has a small but medium firm rectangle and I have a larger but softer down rectangle.

I also have a squishy neck pillow but rarely travel with that any more since I got the down rectangle. I have one of the U pillows at work from when I had back problems - it's memory foam so too heavy to travel with - but comfy! (not a U neck pillow but a U seat cushion ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.