1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Travel History App/Program/Template

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by sageblue, Jul 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sageblue

sageblue High-Roller

Jul 25, 2005
    Washington, DC
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a spreadsheet that has my 22 trips to Vegas in it, with just the basic information in it: nights spent, lodging, who we went with, and special experiences (names of great restaurants, shows, etc.).

Tonight we were talking about when we went on a family vacation years ago, and had a tough time jogging our memory, and I was thinking it would be nice to have one place where I could have a history of my travels.

I have information in TripIt, various emails, and my iPhoto history that I can use to cobble some of this information, but nowhere central yet.

I hunted around online for an Mac OS app or an iOS app didn't really find anything that suited me. Ideally, I'd like something that could have basic information that could be exported to another format (e.g., spreadsheets, documents) and that could include photo integration. TripIt might suffice, but I don't know if you can add in past trips, and it's not all that easy to add photos. Trip Journal is only a mobile app, and it seems really time-consuming for entering past trips. If all else fails, I can just create a big spreadsheet I suppose.

Does anyone have any ideas, or can you relate how you have kept track of this information? I know it sounds really anal-retentive, but it'd be a nice resource to have to look back to and share with others.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.