1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

travel deal: 2-night RT for 2 (not to Vegas)

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by ClownHo, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ClownHo

ClownHo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope this link opens the deal page. It's from one of the numerous Goupon clones: http://bit.ly/XTh6v9

I have seen discussions about deals offered for time shares in Vegas, offering great packages at seemingly a bargain rate. Most of the threads I read are about how it turned out to be less of a deal than it appeared.

This deal includes RT airfare for 2 and two nights at your destination. Great price, no doubt, but airline and hotel taxes are not included. Let's assume I'm going from Minneapolis to New Orleans and back. How much should I expect to pay in taxes for this trip? I'm guessing more than $100.

Obvious drawback: seemingly no control over flight times. Could be an evening arrival on day 1 and a morning departure on day 3. And there may not be any accommodation for transport to/from airport.

Potential benefit: If you get a decent departure time to NOLA, you could end up with about two days there, and even with taxes, you're looking at a weekend getaway for about the cost of a pair of round-trip airline tickets. It was more than $700 for a pair of RT tickets there a few years ago, and that was with advance planning.

I don't have $500 burning a hole in my pocket, and it would be nice if it were a 3-night stay instead of 2, but it seems like a decent discount. I can't believe they're selling many of these packages at $1,000.

I'm going to do a little online sleuthing about Bill Brown's Cheap Travel Deals tonight, but I also figured I'd check with a few travel experts to see what the vibe is on this offer.

As the legendary Dark Star would say, "your thoughts."

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.