1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Transporting flat screen tv's

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by jerseyguy, Dec 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Golf buddy has a used 50 incher he wants to bring to his daughter about 100 miles away. I told him he can borrow my suv to move it. He told me that a guy in a tv store told him it should be transported standing up or he could ruin the tv. News to me,I've brought home 3 lying flat. Any expert opinions?

2. gguerra

gguerra Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Makes no difference, flat or standing up. I've never heard of that either. There is this
    Newer TV's are very light and I don't think the reason stated above is a concern especially if you provide some support/padding.

Google for more..

3. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heynow jerseyguy....

I worked for a moving company for several years.......rule of thumb for anything glass is upright, this includes flat screens. The reason is flexing over uneven roads will cause the glass to bow and possibly crack.

That being said in a SUV that is not the same issue as an OTR semi truck. If your vehicle can't accept the unit upright best thing to do is wrap it in a couple blankets and place it flat, screen down for the trip. Take care to make sure it is perfectly flat to the surface it is resting on.

4. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks guys that makes sense,I thought the issue was some sort of electronic thing that could happen. It's the actual idea that the glass could crack because of vibrations. To me it's easier to cushion it laying flat than to cushion it standing up.

5. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Wrap it and strap it ... and we're not talking sex here.

6. MTMONGO

MTMONGO Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I work with monitors all of sizes. It will be o.k. to lay in the back of the suv and go 100 miles on paved roads. Lay it screen up and cover with some blankets.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.