1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Transportation options to 2013 Nascar Race

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Maccalus, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maccalus

Maccalus Newbie

Aug 13, 2012
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am trying to hunt down all our options for myself and 3 friends to get us to and from the Nascar race on the Sunday in March next year. I have found the one shuttle bus service on the LVMS website that offers return bus rides at $65 a person for the sunday, but we are looking for cheaper options. I realize we can rent a car, but we would prefer to not have to worry about a designated driver.

Are there any other options that would turn out cheaper than the sponsored shuttle buses to get us to and from the race?
  2. Vinegarjoe

Vinegarjoe Tourist

May 20, 2007
    Trips to Las Vegas:

This information is dated, but in 2002, we used the public transportation system (RTC) to get to and from the Las Vegas Motor Speedway for the Nascar race.

It was $5.00 each way. (price probably has gone up)

There were multiple pick up locations on the strip and downtown.

The buses started running at 7 am.

As the race gets closer I would assume that the RTC website will have more information.

Pro's of this method: quick to get there, back then the RTC cut across Nellis Air Force base, avoiding a lot of the race traffic.

Con's - UNBELIEVEABLE wait time to get back to your hotel. We actually waited almost 3 hours in a line in the parking lot at the racetrack to get on a bus, and the ride back downtown was about 15 minutes. (I don't know if this has been improved upon)

If money is no object, You could actually get a helo ride to and from the track from the strip.

Have fun.

3. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Aug 22, 2012
    Colorado Springs
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    First off, don't take the shuttle back from the race because everyone wants on the same shuttle and you will have to wait. With 3 of you, a cab is cheaper anyway.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.