1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Transit time- O'Hare

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Jasons, Mar 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jasons

Jasons Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi, some advice needed if possible, from relative 'locals', as I'm in the UK.

We are Flying into O'Hare T5 and flying out again from T3, on a Sunday, landing at 10.25am and have our flight to Vegas departing at 12.15pm

I have 1hour 45 minutes to do it.

Will need to recheck luggage in T5 then transit to T3 go through security to the gate. Plus we need to go through immigration:confused2:

A colleague of mine was in the queue for over 2 hours last week when he landed in Washington.

Some have suggested it will be tight time wise , anyone done it before?

Thanks,

J

2. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ord is a big airport.

If you are going to recheck your bags and go through immigration and security on a busy day, you probably won't make it.

On on less busy day, you will be pushing it. I think the t3 terminal is next to
    to t5. Hopefully your gates aren't on the end of the terminal requiring you to walk further.

I guess you making it depends on the length of the lines Assuming your plane arrives at the planned time. If you miss your flight, they will most likely put you on the next flight. It just sucks waiting for the next available flight.

3. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I think that will be tough to do honestly.

Downtown - Wanker Returns after baby!
    Wanker Returns After Baby
  4. gilly from philly

gilly from philly Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The biggest issue here is how long it will take you to clear customs. An hour and 45 minutes is plenty of time to make it from terminal 5 to terminal 3 and check your bags. O'Hare is my preferred airport to fly out of in Chicago, I drive past Midway to get there, and I usually arrive at the airport about an hour and 15 minutes before my departure time. That being said, I have no idea how long it will take you to go through all the BS at terminal 5....

5. Rubos

Rubos Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also from UK - first time I went I changed at Chicago, travel agent did not leave enough time - immigration takes an age! You could be struggling with just 1:45 - good news there were plenty of flights to vegas after we miss our scheduled flight!

6. Iu25

Iu25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    O'Hare has always been the worst for me, it seems to take forever to get through security and the place is soooo spread out! Good luck, hope you make it, but im sure another flight will be leaving soon after if you dont make it!

7. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My son returned from a European trip in January to O'hare and it took him about 45 minutes to get through customs.

8. disappearingdusk

disappearingdusk Tourist

Are you booked on the same ticket/same airline all the way through? If so, you will almost certainly be okay.

If not, you will still likely be okay as long as your incoming flight is not delayed. ORD, while a very busy airport, is not typically crazy on Sunday mornings unless it's a holiday weekend like July 4th or Memorial Day weekend.

9. IxAccDnf

IxAccDnf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    from the times listed it looks like he is on AA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.