1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

TR- Mel's Las Vegas 50 !

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Graham, Nov 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Graham

Graham Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Greetings from a Jet lagged Brit, writing this from my room in the Bellagio as yet again cannot sleep , anyway onwards and upwards.

Pre-amble.

My wife turns 50 next Monday, and as such we have been planning a trip to celebrate for sometime, I had expected her to want to go to New York, but she said she wanted to party in Vegas, suits me. We added LA on either side of Vegas and needed up with 12 nights in the US.

When some of our friends heard of our plans they decided to join us, so 4 more Brits flew into Vegas weds19th, they are here till Sunday, and we have 3 family members who live on this side of the pond joining us for the birthday party.

Plan is to drink, gamble and shop, in which order who cares. Will add pictures when I can, but may be later as I'm on an antique IPad .

Day one Wednesday 19th.

Ours friends were flying in today, they expected us to join them on Thursday, however we secretly changed our plans , and thus were up and out of our hotel at Dana Point CA at 5.15am, and after a smooth drive with just a petrol (gas) and coffee ( well tea actually ) stop we arrived in Vegas just before 10am . First stop was Khoudrys fine wines on Eastern to pick up some Bourbon for a friend back home, delivery due Friday so they reserved us a bottle. Another stop at Total Wines on Stephanie for a different Bourbon said friend wanted, this time successful, and over the road into Sunset Station we strode.

The plan was to play for an hour, grab a buffet for lunch, then go to check in at the Bellagio for our one night stay.So we sat down at two machines, me 25c bonus deluxe, Mel 5c DW, this is where I need pictures, as within 20 mins I had hit for 3 4OAK , and after attempting a parlay upto 50c (thank you for the trip reports Royal Flusher, the best ever !) I cashed out at $250 , went a d got my ticket whilst Mel played on, came back and as she was still playing I said" I'm going to play a silly game with $5. So into the machine I popped $5 and selected 4 card keno, playing 6 spots on two cards, and 5 on the others. Card c I put in our ages, plus the kids and 50 as Mel is so close to her birthday, pressed play and..........THEY ALL HIT, for $814, I nearly fell over in shock , took some pics and told Mel I think it is time to eat, so she switches to 25c bonus deluxe to play her last $1.75. And promptly hits a 4 OAK.

Never has lunch been eaten in such a state of bewilderment, we left sunset up over $1000 and had been there just over an hour. ( the buffet was good BTW )

Drove over to Bellagio , ultra quick check in, lovely room, wish we were hear for longer. So we went down stairs to try and surprise our friends, whose flight had landed early, waited in the lobby, outside the lobby, behind bushes, for nearly an hour, nothing hmmmm, started to worry that they had had immigration problems, so switched on the WIFi to message them, turn on FB, and there is a picture uploaded 5 mins previously of them in a bar in the Bellagio. It turns out the taxi driver had long halled them and dropped them off at the side entrance. Anyway we still managed to surprise them in the bar, and after a few drinks it was champagne in our room watching the fountains, and dinner at the Monte Carlo pub, washed down with with more beers.

After a quick introduction to VP for my friends,( they don't gamble much ) everyone was pretty beat so said our goodnights and hit the sack . It's now 4 am Thursday morning, so will probably go for an early morning gamble in Bally's before meeting everyone for Breakfast, as we have a wedding vow renewal to attend today, and Mel and I move across the road to Paris for 5 nights comped.

More to come.... C

2. Readingfanman

Readingfanman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking forward to this, happy birthday to your wife!

NFL Championship Weekend
  3. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great start on your TR and great winning start to your trip.

4. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great start!

Christmas Trip. Sam's Town & MSS
  5. sandybeachbar

sandybeachbar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking forward to reading more. Love how it began!

6. ju5tagt

ju5tagt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't wait to hear more - Happy Birthday and congrats on the wins!!!

7. techie223

techie223 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What a great way to start the trip!! Happy 50th to your wife. I opted to celebrate my 50th there as well.

8. ju5tagt

ju5tagt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmm. I see a trend developing!!!!

9. Graham

Graham Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Day 2.

Up early with the jet lag means a bit of strolling around mid strip before meeting our friends for breakfast, no serious gambling just dropped $20 here or there across Flamingo, Bally's, Bellagio , with no return, until a $100 win on a slot at Bellagio means the breakfast buffet is eaten with a smile.

Two of friends had decided to renew their wedding vows whilst in Vegas, so after the buffet breakfast they went off to get "ready" before the limo arrived. During this time Mel and I checked out at Bellagio and took the long drive from Italy to France to check bags and valet park at Paris ready for check in later.

Once the car was dropped off alcohol consumption began, along with some minor gambling incursions that we're not fruitful at all, indeed I realised quite quickly that my keno win yesterday was a fluke , as nothing hit.

Limo picked up the wedding party at 1.30, and played Christmas music (?????????) all the way to the chapel, where a very nice service was held, although the photos seemed to last for ever.

Back to Paris to check in, 5 nights comped through total rewards, even though I am a low roller, I'm not going to argue with that. Lady at the desk upgraded us to a red room luxury as nothing else was ready, nice enough room, just seems to be a standard room, with a red bedcover, but it is free.

Back downstairs as the group started on the cocktails, I sat down to an hour of Let it Ride, first had up dealt a three card straight flsh for a $200 hit, rest f the session was unfruitful, and then had a very difficult time trying to explain the rules of the game to my friends, probably due to the amount of alcohol consumed by all !

After cashing out we took everyone around some f the south strip and then had a rather large dinner of everything on blondies sports bar menu, or so it seemed, whilst more alcohol was consumed.

By 9.30 my wife was virtually sleep walking so off to bed , quite a light day gambling wise, probably down around $300 so still up around $700 for the trip.

Going to get the car out today and show our friends some off strip sights, hopefully the traffic won't be too bad with the president in town!

Cheers all

10. Graham

Graham Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Day 3

Can be summed up quite easily, nada , nothing was won, when I did win , I physically lost the $100 chip, so as such I am going to leave it at that. Only highlight was seeing Air force One touchdown as I drove down sunset and north strip.

Hopefully day 4 will have something positive to report.

11. Graham

Graham Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Day 4

Started with a bit of a come back on high card flush, bought in for $200 at Paris early in the morning, could not catch a cold, let alone a good hand , in no time at all was down to my last $25 when the cards turned my way 3 5 card flushes and one straight flush meant I walked away up $100 .

After a snack for breakfast we showed our friends green valley ranch and then it was time to pick my sister up at the airport and then proceed to donate this mornings winnings and more back to Bally's on a mix of three card and video poker, could not hit any 4oak at all.

In the evening we all went to celebrate Mel's birthday at the Samba steakhouse in the Mirage, I went for the Rodizio , all you can eat, all excellent and definitely worth a visit, Mel got some lovely presents and a good time was had by all.

Day 5

We said goodbye to our friends on Sunday morning, which had started with a nice $100 pick up on a Pompeii slot, this paid for breakfast for all, and then once our friends had left I took my wife, sister and cousin to the galleria at sunset mall, and left them to shop whilst I retuned to the scene of my opening victory, Sunset station . Well let's just say I should have stayed away, tried a variety of games and could not hitt a thing, and was quickly down $350. Picked up the ladies, and my cousins husband, and then Mel and I checked in to the mirage penthouse suite to celebrate her special day. Wow what a room, great view of the strip , and superb amenities , needless to say after showing everyone around we said our goodnights and spent the evening in the suite.

Day 6

Mel's birthday started with a quick hit and run on a 4 game wheel of fortune, where I hit the wheel feature for 500 credits twice in a short time. We then tried cravings buffet for breakfast, very nice but not sure the servers are really serving if all they do is clear plates as you have to get you own drinks. After a quick walk we decided to have one more night in Vegas so I booked us into Sunset for Tuesday night . We then picked the family up and did the Hoover Dam and red rock Canyon side trips to show everyone natural and man made wonders.

After a family meal off strip we all went our separate ways, Mel and I chose to watch the fountains and have some drinks, trying a few hit and runs onVP at harrahs, Venetian & mirage all to no avail.

Day 6

Double chek out morning, firstly at the Mirage, where they comped our meal for us, and then Paris , which had been comped upfront. Said goodbye to our cousins, dropped my sister off at the airport and then hit the malls for Christmas shopping, which proved to be very successful.

Checked in at Sunset and hit the machines, a couple of 4OAK proved to be fruitful and after a wonderful meal at Sonoma Cellar I hit the tables for one last effort, managed to make $150 on Let it Ride , and hit wheel poker for a mini jackpot to finish my gaming for this trip on a positive note.

All that was left to do was to check out Wedsnesday for the long drive to LA, ba k home in Saturday, need to start saving for my next trip, will try to post pictures when back home in the UK, thanks for reading if you got this far !

Cheers
    graham

12. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoyed your report and am looking forward to the photos.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.