1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

TR comped rooms...anyone have problems?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Popuptrio, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Popuptrio

Popuptrio Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We get comped rooms in Sheveport, LA a lot thru total rewards and never have a problem upon checkin..I am using the same rewards program to get 6 nights at the RIO, but just wondering if anyone has incurred problems with these reservations in Vegas..just don't want any issues that far from home. thanks

2. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nope never and never even heard of any. I always have my phone with the confirmation # just in case.

3. Popuptrio

Popuptrio Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks so much...I research alot on this forum and have respect for your opinion, so that is enough for me to feel comfortable now..and I always take a hard copy of my confirmation and call ahead to confirm everywhere I go...they don't call me OCD for no reason..lol..thanks again

4. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha! never would have guessed you are OCD! :cheers:

You won't have an issue.

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board. Lots of good information here. Take a few minutes and scroll though some posts.

I have never (almost never) heard of anyone with a problem at and CET hotel in Vegas.

By the way, you do know that RIO is located off strip?

6. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never had a problem.

7. VP PLAYER

VP PLAYER Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No problem

Never a problem.

I booked 9 months in advance this time and called for peace of mind when it got close and no problem. All is well. If your worried call.

8. Popuptrio

Popuptrio Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the welcome, nostress...yes, I know the RIO is offstrip...we were in Vegas last year and paid to stay at MGM signature...we spent lots of time on the strip and plan to again, but we will have a rental car so I wanna go to some places like Palms etc this time too....appreciate the "heads up" though.

9. Frankr163

Frankr163 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only problem you may have, is for the length of your stay.CET tends to limit consecutive comped nights to 5.

10. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless they already got their reservation, which I assumed they had. (good or bad assumption?)

11. Popuptrio

Popuptrio Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have had the reservation for several months..actually got 5 nights free and only $29 for the Saturday night I added to it..so I figure $29 was good for 6 nights..SW flight was total of $400 for both of us from Dallas to Las Vegas..right now I'm still checking car rental rates which have already dropped from $280 to $170 w/coupons (alamo)...so, we are pretty set and ready to have a great time the first week of March,

12. SlotChik

SlotChik Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a national host and never have issues.

13. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good rate on car too - I just tried to book for me & mom but it was over $500.

14. CenterfieldNine

CenterfieldNine Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OCD

I can sympathize with borderline OCD regarding travel plans that I merely have random numbers to represent (you know, the fear of them looking at you like you're from Mars when you get there while you say "Cmon! Last name Johnson! it's right on my iPhone here I'm #C87D64D!!!")

What I do is call a week beforehand and call regarding comp reservations to confirm that they are still active. When I called about my trip last week that I am about to go on, I literally told them I was OCD but just wanted to be sure. I said it in a semi-joking tone, of course but they got the idea that I was merely double-checking. I do not have OCD but I have... tendencies... :poke:

15. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No worries. The only concern you should have is getting to checkin in afternoon to avoid getting rat holed in a low level room facing the parking garage or ac units. Rio occupancy rates is lower then CET onstrip properties unless a convention is booked, I havent stayed there for a while but they do have some crappy rooms and SOME areas of the place are looking a little run down.

I myself could never do 6 nights since I usually go on Tilt gambling by the 3 night unless I am WAY up.

16. Popuptrio

Popuptrio Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the responses and OCD sympathy..lol...@Funkhouser, we arrive at 11am so I am gonna see if I can pay a little extra for an early checkin to avoid lines..also, sounds like you may have knowledge of which tower, etc at Rio to request?..any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.