1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

TR - 8/23-8/28 - Middle-Aged Crazies....

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by sybgal, Aug 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Another great trip in the books....

Just returned early this morning.....spent. Great trip as always. had 11 people this time - 8 on same flight 8/23....5 wonderful nites in Mecca. Will try to do a TR this week after recover a tad.....

2. keno

keno obsessed with countdown timers

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking forward to the TR! :)

3. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome Back; I'll be looking forward to the TR......I'm in the final 2-week countdown and you know how we all live vicariously through trip reports the closer we get to our own trip!:eek:

4. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great Trip....8/23-8/28
    well, another great trip to Mecca is over....for 11 of us. All at Bally's or Paris except 2 stayed at a condo they own. Flew out of Louisville on SW. VERY eventful flight. Hade a crazy man next to us. He had been kicked off another flight & forced to sober up in airport. Of course, they chose our flight to move him along. What a NUT! He said he was bi-polar & scitzo...took many pills. He would not shut up or leave us alone - 5 of us were as crazy as him by the time we got to LV. The staff did nothing to help either! He leaned over into out space - when trying to read or do a puzzle ---trying to ignore him but he wouldn't be dismissed. He stunk badly, spit when he talked (a close talker at times or talked very loudly), kept passing gas & stunk up the front rows....OMG it was terrible. It was a miserable flight...good thing we were on our way to our happy place! (I just sent an e-mail to SW to complain)

Finally we landed & were estatic to get going. We had a limo from HET pick us up & it is the only way to go. Directly to Diamond / Platinum at both Bally's & Paris...checked in quickly & up to drop off our bags. I had so much fun talking with the clerk - a great young man named Reggie that I forgot to ask for a room near the elevator for disabled hubby. He walks so much while in Mecca - need to cut down on the trek to the room. Got upstairs & it was the last room in the hallway. Not good. Went back to check-in & asked nicely if could switch. Very nice lady offered room 7306 & said it was 3 doors down?? From where we were or from the elevator? Not sure what..but ok...
    Go back to retreive bags & called for assistance. Took too long so did it myself. It was actually the 1st room ...a gigantic Suite. Not remodeled but very nice anyway. Knew would be very comfy indeed! Rushed down to meet everyone...the machines were calling my name and was sure the CW would have a drink waiting for me....lol

9 of us treked down to Margaritaville for margies & food. Got a margie while waiting & almost choked...it was so strong & on an empty stomach...needless to say I needed that food when it came. We laughed at everything & became part of the entertainment for our server and those around us. That night went to Flamingo, Bill's, Paris & Bally's. We finally gave it up about 2 am.

From there, too much became a blur. I do know that Mike hit another royal at Bally's on the same machine he hit one in March. Many poker tournaments played at Saraha or Bill's with some cash games mixed in. No really big hits on the slots but no one lost really big for the trip. Only went to Diamond Lounge at Paris once...they have really cut back on food offerings. One day we did the MGM & NY NY, just really do not enjoy those places. Another day went to Bellagio, PH & Caesars...nothing really memorable like our trip in March when we were lucky enough to get to meet all the poker pros at PURE the night before the Heads Up Tournament. That one will go down as the most exciting night ever in LV. What a great time we had rubbing elbows with really nice people.

2 nites were spent downtown & no one went to jail. Well, one almost did for jumping up on a table at Binions to make sure the world could hear the important observation he had to share.....boy, security can move fast. Warning was, do one more thing & everyone goes....oh well, just having fun, ya know!

Keep in mind we are all 45-65...not kiddies but could probably give then a run for their money. haha

We ate at Flavors at Harrah's & it was very good. They have really improved. The Burger Brassiere at Paris came thru again with outstanding burgers...newbies really enjoyed it there. Did the Paris Buffy for breakfast & on last morning went to Flamingo buffy...not quite as good as Paris. We did our must visit to Ellis Island. Most food was good but the rolls could have knocked someone out! One guy got the steak special & asked it could get the green beans without garlic??? HUH??? Waitress said sure....big mistake. The must have taken beans out of the freezer & just steamed a little. There were enough on the plate for 4 people & were horrible. Tried to tell him would not be good since they cook up huge normal batches (garlic) to serve that day. They were wasted - no one could have eaten those. YUCK! This visit was just not up to par for EI - a little disappointing. Made sure to make it over to Caesars Marketplace to get my Lobster Chowder....YUM - wish I could get that at home. Also the burger restaurant there has huge cheeseburgers....3 in our group loved them & some couldn't finish.

We all made it home safely early Sat. morning. With the time change couldn't go to sleep so unpacked & did a couple loads of laundry. All while dreaming of our next trip....shooting for March. Hope to get hubby to download our pics of our crazy crew of oldies but goodies.

Till next time......

5. g-didi

g-didi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a good time. Too bad about the sober(ish) drunk on your flight. I pack the earphones and plug them in and pull the hoodie over my head and eyes if I get a yakker next to me. Take a hint!

6. Blondie76

Blondie76 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a fun time. Yum....lobster chowder. I'll have to try to remember that. And your seat mate. YUK! Really I don't believe I could have tolerated him the whole flight without getting rude to him. Patience is a virtue though so GOOD job! Thanks for posting. :)

7. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OMG you definitely win the seatmate from hell contest!!!!!!! Sounds like a fun trip!! Looking forward to the photos!:eek:

8. VegasDiva

VegasDiva VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    great TR

sorry about your seat mate on the way out! bet he ended up in jail!

9. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice read. Thanks for posting. Lobster Chowder. Sounds good.

later, GVJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.