1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

TR: 6/21-6/24 Bellagio

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Vegasstar33, Jun 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vegasstar33

Vegasstar33 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Flight - flew Allegiant out of Bellingham. Our flight to Vegas was suprisingly on one of their new 757's. Nice plane. Smooth take off but very bumpy landing due to how WINDY it was!! Flight back home was delayed 2 hours.

Car - we alway take taxi's but this time we decided to rent a car for the three nights. We got a Ford Focus from Payless rental; total charge $73.
    It was awesome and we will definately rent a car on our next trip.

Hotel - We have always wanted to stay at the Bellagio but $$$ per night always kept us away. Never really gamble there so I was quite surprised when I got a fabulous comp offer for 3 complimentary nights in a suite, $300 f/b credit and $250 free play. Booked that sucker right away! Our room #14125, a salone suite was very spacious and the bathroom was huge. it was facing the Rio so the view at night was still nice. Love the jacuzzi tub!

Shows - saw Legends at Harrah's and Carrot Top at the Luxor. Both shows were smaller venues and were both great. Carrot Top is really funny. I was almost in tears!

Restaurants - Lemongrass at the Aria; this is one of our favorite restaurants and we alway look forward to eating here but this time it was HORRIBLE. The food was cold and dish we ordered was way too spicy even though we told the waitress that we would like it mild. Never had an issue in the past so were really bummed when it was so bad. When we brought the isuses up to the waitress no apologies, nothing, just "you should have said something sooner". So we dont' know if we will be back....

Bellagio Cafe - nice place. Good food but limited choices.

Bellagio buffet - ate their the last day when we checked out; brunch. It was okay but I like their dinner better. It was 1pm when we sat down to eat and we thought for 1pm there was just too many breakfast items still out. So not too much variety. But it was okay.

Gambling - the plus side i reached platinum. But i spent way too much money to reach it. First night was okay, won $500 on some nickel cat game but than it went all down hill after that. So came home with empty pockets but at least i got a nice shiny platinum card in my wallet now!! :)

Thanks for reading!!!

2. gongoman

gongoman MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Plat is good--:beer:

Glad ya had a fun time--Hey question does those 757's have yer own little tv screen??

3. Vegasstar33

Vegasstar33 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you! I was quite happy to get my shiny plat card!!

No screens, no first class just all economy seats.
    But its nice and clean but the seats on the MD80's are nicer and a bit bigger.

4. Souette

Souette Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love having a car in Vegas. Just allows for a little more flexibility at the spur of the moment. With free/valet parking, it's a good deal.
    I'm staying at the Bellagio beginning next week for 7 nights. Maybe in the future I can score a deal like you!

5. Bloomview

Bloomview Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh no about Lemongrass! We have been there twice and LOVED it! Funny we made platinum last trip at Aria and my new offer is worse not better. Am very disappointed. Platinum at TR too and thinking about ditching Mlife since they are not giving us incentive to stay. :( Glad you had a good trip, nice report!

6. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the report! Glad you had a good trip, if not a winning one. I'm heading to Bellagio in September so I always enjoy a Bellagio trip report.

7. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    did you say something right after you got it or at the end of the meal? if you don't like something, your best bet is to say something right away so that they can fix it. they can't do anything if you eat it anyway and complain later. you can imagine there's plenty of people who eat their meal and like it just fine, but then complain at the end hoping to get something for free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.