1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

TR 12/4/2014 One day only for the mLife HGS - no wristband recognition

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by DaiLun, Dec 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

BTW, still no recognition on my wristband.

Had 550,000 mLife HGS points to spend and didn't want to leave them "lying on the table". 550,000 points is equal to $1800 in freeplay, so I scheduled a one night overnight trip to take care of it. I had been there a week ago for Halloween and will be traveling there on NYE, so this was kind of "dangerous".

Unfortunately, fog at the Las Vegas delayed all flights.

The 6:30AM flight out of San Jose didn't leave until noon, and my 10AM flight left at 1:15PM.

So, this changed my itinerary, instead of going downtown to take care of some things and get in play to cover my day's comp at the D, I first went to HGS at the Bellagio.

Good thing I did. They were quite well staffed, but there were a few glitches in their systems. They were doing their best to get them fixed and get everything taken care of, which they did. I took $500 in Freeplay, and made the mistake of playing at Bellagio. $400 got me $50 in hard cash and dropped another $300 of my own. Oh well, at least I still have $100 left for NYE.

Then went downtown to Container Park to pay a visit to my favorite chocolatiere, Jin Caldwell of Jinju chocolates. Dropped off some Korean dumplings that I had brought for her. If you're at Container Park, please stop by and say hello. And buy something if you're "into" chocolates.

Went over to the D to check in and have dinner at Andiamo's steakhouse. Had the surf and turf, which was excellent. Had leftover from my food comp so I got a rib eye steak and 2 desserts and took them to Jin. Sat at a table behind Derek Stevens, the CEO of the D and Golden Gate. After dinner, thanked him for the hospitality and told him I'd see him at NYE.

OK, so now that the obligatory things were taken care of, it was 8:30 and time to "play". I decided to walk down Fremont Street and use up my December free play. I spent $100 (plus free play) at each of:

Four Queens
    Golden Nugget
    Golden Gate

I had to "hold" my play for the D since I was being comped there. Made a little or broke even at each of the places. Bought another 2015 calendar from Golden Gate.

By then, it was time to call my 12 year old to check in with him and make sure he was going to sleep. I reminded him that I could check in on him with the camera that I had in the room.

Finished the check in as I was walking through the front door of Downtown Grand to pay off a marker from Halloween.

Ended up hitting a hand pay on a penny machine, 5 Frogs by Aristocrat. Took FOREVER to finally get paid, because DG seemed to be short staffed. Ended up about $1200. Left Downtown Grand to get started on "work" at the D.

Won both my $50 match plays at the Blackjack table, but lost it back on slots. Typical. Played until about 1AM and decided that I had put in enough time and play, so I went to bed. Had dropped about $400. Had to get up at 6:40AM to call me son, wake him up and get him off to school.

I had on of the "upgraded" King rooms at the end of the hall at the D. This room usually works well when I have a buddy traveling with me because the couch folds out into a bed.

Woke up at 6:40AM, called my son, got him off to school. Then went down and played a bit more. Ended up dropping another $300-400, but I was still up for the trip.

Decided to save my Dupar's comp for NYE, and decided to travel over to Silver Sevens to play a little and have breakfast. Ended up losing bad a fair amount but ended up hitting an $800 jackpot on a nickel Cleopatra 5 reel machine. Had breakfast at the Silver Sevens buffet, went to the airport.

New Orleans 7* retreat. Food, food, and more food . . . .
    Tentatively Tahoe or LV . . . .
  2. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So you only got $500FP for all your points

3. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What level of play does the D expect for a room? If it's not the D suite I can't imagine it being much.

4. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, I'm confused. You said 550,000 would be $1,800 in free play, but you only got $500. Did you spend the points on something else?

5. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry, I didn't tell about my Christmas shopping list.

Yes, I ended up with several things, including:

Dyson AM05 hot/cold fan (I can believe that this is $300+ in stores)
    Schwinn Exercise bike
    $50 Gap gift card
    2 Bicycles
    Deep Fryer
    Sony iPod dock

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  6. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sometimes I get the suite if I need it and it's available.

I haven't really asked about the requirements. (I know, my bad. I'll ask at NYE. SInce it's my host's B'day and I got her a nice present, maybe she'll be generous)

Every month I currently get

4 nights
    $150 in food (usually spent on a good meal at the steak house)
    $200 in Free Play (once every 1/2 month)
    $100 match play

For slot players there is also cash back and gift point accumulation.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  7. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.