1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Tr 10/10 - 10/15 2013

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by spunky96, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spunky96

spunky96 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

As usual we had an awesome time this trip.

Flights:
    Jet Blue to and from Vegas from NY
    Love this airline. The flights were on time. While trying to get to Vegas we seemed to take the "long" route to avoid some bad weather but still got to Vegas on time. We picked up our rental from Budget and away we went.

Hotel:
    We stayed at our timeshare in The Tahiti Vacation Club. It was great as usual. They did make some changes to the shuttle regarding stops. The shuttle now stops at The Mirage and NY NY which are good. Our unit is a 1 bedroom with a full kitchen. They have upgraded the tv's to flat screens. This place is within walking distance to the Orleans, walgreens, starbucks, denny's and some other restaurants. There is also a supermarket up the road. There are 2 pools and a hot tub and there are grills by the pool. We've read the pool is 24 hours. I have read that owning a timeshare isn't a great idea since the hotels offer comps but we dont seem to gamble enough in the bigger hotels to get comps. We have gotten comped rooms in the Orleans though which is nice but i prefer the Tahiti.

Restaurants/Buffets:
    Rio seafood buffet - Not bad, better than i read on reviews. Plenty of food but maybe a bit pricey

Tony Roma's on Freemont St - Love this place. We got there too early to get the steak & lobster special so we spent more on that but it was delicious. My husband had the ribs that were good as well. I would definately go here again.

Rainforest Cafe - We ate here after a concert because it was open late. We got some sandwiches and they were very good. We had been here before with our kids in FL and we knew what to expect.

TGIFridays - We had the steak & lobster special they offered on Sunday for $11.99. It was good and filling ans your typical Fridays food. They also offered a special on apps and beer.

Cravings Buffet - We ate here on our last night. We used the shuttle from the Tahiti that made a stop at the Mirage so decided why not try the buffet. We arrived at 8:40pm and they told us they would no longer serve food after 9:15 but we decided to stay anyway. We sat and filled our plates. The food was delicious and all plentiful despite them closing at 9. There was never any empty food trays unlike other buffets i have visited before closing.

Denny's - We ate here several times for breakfast. Typical chain restaurant but like i said before we know what to expect. Good service and fast.

The Original Pancake House - We fell in love with this chain last year on our Chicago trip. I love the dutch baby pancake and the regular pancakes are awesome. There was a wait on Saturday morning when we went.

Excursions:
    Valley of Fire - I'm very into nature and loved the beautiful colors and petroglyphs. This was a great way to spend the afternoon away from the strip and to see the beautiful mountains of Nevada. Would definately recommend this as a day trip or half day trip. Bring a cooler of water and lunch. Once you get off the highway there is no place to buy lunch there.

We also visited the welcome to Vegas sign. There was a line to take our pic. There is also someone there who offers to take your pic for a few bucks.

Because we had rented a car for a few days we had visited Downtown Vegas which was nice to see. A lot of crazy things to see as well liek an old man wearing a thong lol. We also saw a lady with pasties. There were tons of kids there and I couldnt imagine why they needed to be exposed to that but to each his own.

This was our 4th trip to Vegas. I can never get tired of visiting. Every time is a different experience. We did notice that there seemed to be more people on the strip looking to sell you something which can get annoying. There also seemed to be more homeless people on the overpass bridges too which is sad.
    The temps were mid 70's every day which was perfect and at night it went down to the lower 60's. Coming from NY I brought boots to wear at night but didnt even wear them it was so warm. We didnt sit poolside this trip but you could have since the sun felt so warm.
    We love visiting in October, the weather is always perfect.
    If you have any questions please feel free to ask :D

2. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Excellent job. Very succinct TR and plenty of info.

3. spunky96

spunky96 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

4. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoyed reading.
    Thanks for sharing.

Did you notice any crab legs on the buffet at Mirage?

Christmas Trip. Sam's Town & MSS
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.