1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Tournament Of Kings- yeah or nay?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by saintdlee, Mar 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saintdlee

saintdlee Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi there everyone, got another question :

Is the Tournament of Kings Show/Dinner worth the $$ ?
    Anyone know of a promo code for the show by itself and not in conjunction with the Excalibur Hotel Room deal? We're staying at the Luxor and want to possibly check this out.... please any info would be greatly appreciated!

2. gregsmith

gregsmith Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think one of the discount sites had a coupon for like $7 that got you a buy one get one free so was like $70 or so for both tickets. If it's worth it I would like to hear also wife and I thinking about seeing it in April too...

3. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not seen it myself, but I have never heard anyone say anything good about it when they go as adults. If you have kids and want them to have a good time, go for it.

If it's just adults, I think you'd have more fun putting the cost of two tickets on black for a spin of roulette. And your time would be better spent watching Absinthe, Jersey Boys, Human Nature, or anything else in town.

The usual comments I hear from people who go:
    -the food was dry and terrible
    -kids everywhere
    -not worth the time or money (even if they got BOGO on tickets)
    -a cheaper version of Medieval Times in Buena Park (Southern California)

4. Chrisby

Chrisby Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw it for the first time a year and a half ago. I don't do a lot of shows when I'm out there (maybe 3 in 8-9 times out) so I may not be the best reference. I would recommend seeing the show once. I grew up around horses and enjoyed that part of it. I thought the food was fine and our waiter was great.We went to the later show and I don't remember seeing a lot of kids. I think there are some youtube vids on it and reviews on trip advisor.

-Chrisby

5. kathski

kathski Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We went year's ago with another couple and had a great time. The later show is definitely better. Less children. The food was alright and the staff was phenominal. It is a corny show, but we had a great time. I would recommend it if you are looking for something less expensive. Especially if you can use the coupon.

6. garrman

garrman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We went about 7 or 8 years ago with another couple and we all enjoyed it. The food was good for what it was. The regular price is around $60 For both dinner and a show, but I think it's fairly easy to get them through tix4tonight kiosks for much less. I wouldn't pay regular price, but at $30-40 I'd probably see it again.

7. jon95616

jon95616 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's a good show, better than the Medieval Times dinner theater shows.

See it once, it's one of the better deals since dinner is included.

8. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you don't find one before you go then when you get there check the coupon book that they give you upon checking in at Luxor - that will have a bunch of coupons good at Luxor, Mandalay Bay and Excalibur (though not sure if Tournament of Kings is included).

Also, a lot of MLife offers I get come with 2-for-1 show tickets... not sure if this one would count, but you might get that for staying at Luxor if you are there on an offer.

And if that doesn't have a coupon in it then if you are down by MGM Grand area go to the discount ticket outlet at the big Coke bottle and its probably a pretty good chance they will have something (though it might not be fully half priced).

9. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If was cheezy fun, but be aware that if you have animal or dust allergies, you will have a bad reaction. That being said, I echo the above sentiments, and will throw in that if you're a woman (or gay dude), several of the Thunder from Down Under guys seem to do double-duty as muscular shirtless attendants to the Kings. Rather strange and out-of-place, but kind of a bonus if you enjoy that sort of thing.

[​IMG]

10. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never gone to see it because I usually go solo and it is one of those things that is fun with a kid or another friend . Kind of corny but makes for a good memory. I took each of my kids to LV when a teen and in HS but there were so many things to see and do we never did get there. If they ever get going perhaps I can go with a grand child, lol!

Jimbo338

11. saintdlee

saintdlee Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the tip!

12. saintdlee

saintdlee Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thank you

13. saintdlee

saintdlee Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    great thanks

14. saintdlee

saintdlee Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ok thank u

15. uli_1515

uli_1515 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I liked it for about half of the show. Then I really just wanted to go do something a little more interesting. Left and ended up gambling and playing some VP. If you have kids I think it is a must stop. But maybe solo or with your significant other for a night on the town... then definitely no.

16. saintdlee

saintdlee Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're not going to see it after all. Thanks though for the reply.

17. saintdlee

saintdlee Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can understand. Turns out that we are not going to see the show regardless now;..

18. BCeagle

BCeagle Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am taking the kids, but I have heard not to buy tix in advance because there are tons of BOGO free coupons floating around. Anyone know where to get one? I am staying at The Hotel so I know they dont give a coupon book.

19. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think Mandalay Bay gives the coupon book w hen you check in, maybe THEHotel does.

You can buy discounted Tournament of Kings tickets at the discount ticket outlets (IE: the one at the big Coke bottle)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.