1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Tough Mudder in Vegas in April

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Slotchick, Nov 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slotchick

Slotchick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey all!! I've enlisted in my first TM which happens to be in our favorite city Las Vegas :beer: I cannot wait, I'm so excited!! Are there any fellow Mudders on the boards??

2. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Doing TM Phoenix in Feb...first of many!!

3. Slotchick

Slotchick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any training tips for me?? Our schedule currently is: cardio 3 days a week (I run 10k once every couple weeks), mudder training from the website 1 day a week and weights (full body) 2 days :) will this be enough?? We do our cardio outside to expose ourselves to the elements.

4. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You should be good. We do the Tough Mudder Boot Camp two days a week and a running circuit created by our personal trainer once a week.

A few of the guys on my team did this same training routine for 3 months (started out in HORRIBLE shape) and then did TM Vegas this past October and they finished no problem...granted they were not going for speed...they just wanted to finish. They did say that the desert running was horrible...a good amount uphill and in loose gravel. But they said the obstacles were no problem thanks to the online Boot Camp.

Wear waterproof sunscreen...they all came back scorched.

5. Slotchick

Slotchick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, we will do fine. And thank you, thank you, for the tip on the sunscreen I don't know if we would have thought about that with everything else :nworthy:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.