1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Total Rewards Visa Offer

Discussion in 'Comps' started by vegas4pools, Jul 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegas4pools

vegas4pools Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was approved for the TR Visa

Will earn those 10,000 RC real quick. (Need to spend $750 first 90 days)
    We're going to opt for the buffet voucher. Question is that it states that there is an upgrade supplemental fee for the Bacchanal Buffet. No problem. I understand. Question is what is the upgrade charge for the dinner? lunch?

Searched the boards, but only found the original offer of the Buffet of Buffets posts

Also, any other awards for Platinum member during the year I should know about that they don't publish?

2. imderekpoe

imderekpoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think when I did it a couple years ago it was $25 per person for dinner, which I paid for with TR points.

3. DJ Ran

DJ Ran High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also, any other awards for Platinum member during the year I should know about that they don't publish?

Platinum status has become a joke mainly because it can be obtained my merely signing up for a credit card. Most properties now combine the Gold & Platinum lines at the cages & check in.

4. vegas4pools

vegas4pools Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    P
    I already assumed the Platinum status was "just another number" player. What about the Visa??? Any other benefits to having that card besides the initial 10000 RC and buffet voucher? I'm really not a fan of collecting credit cards either. Besides the 5x @ TR properties, don't really see any other benefit.

5. DJ Ran

DJ Ran High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMHO, the best & only benefit of the card itself , it keeps your RC's from expiring in 6 months.

6. Stdavis0728

Stdavis0728 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with this. I don't live very close to a CET property, and don't always make it to one every 6 months.
    I think most Vegas properties do still have platinum lines, and I do like shortening a line any time I can. It's been worth it to me so far.

7. cphllps

cphllps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is good for keeping RC's from expiring, but you also earn RC's for every $ spent and they offer different multipliers at different times. We use outd for everything and then just pay it off every month.

8. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have been able to take advantage in 2013 when I got the card & 2015 when DM got the card.
    The only buffet worth eating at for free was Paris. Tried PH for breakfast & dinner--meh, Paris superior.
    So last year went to CP at 10:45 AM, paid $15 each, got both breakfast & lunch--very good buffet (not a huge buffet fan), lovely atmosphere (overlooks pool).

TR Visa is not very valuable anymore since Platinum isn't very valuable anymore. BUT $100 comps, 2 Buffet of Buffet passes & I use this card exclusively while in Vegas to earn a few more comps--it'll do.

3x points for the next month--handy since we are in Vegas next week ;-)

9. Stdavis0728

Stdavis0728 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    3 times for August? Great to know. I'll be there the 20th. I had not heard that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.