1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Total Rewards -- Tier Credits

Discussion in 'Comps' started by VegasBound413, Sep 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasBound413

VegasBound413 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Total newbie here -- so please be kind :nworthy::nworthy: I have searched for an answer to my question before posting this, but could not find what I need to know. I have also searched the TR website and no luck there either. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place or something.

Anyway, my question is this. Do TIER credits expire or get reset at a certain time? I know reward credits do.

I only became a TR member back in March of this year when Horseshoe opened up here at home. I am currently at Platinum level and can get some pretty good rates and a few comped nights for Vegas on the TR website. I'm just afraid that if they expire at the end of the year, then the rates/comp nights will not be there when I want to book our trip (planning on going to Vegas in April 2014 and probably won't book until February once I know husband's vacation has been approved).

So, can anyone help? I apologize profusely if this has been answered over and over, but my search just did not bring up anything. Thank you for any insight.

2. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, tier credits all get reset on January 1st.

If you have reward credits you can keep them alive by earning at least 1 RC every 6 months... but with TCs you can't do anything to keep them alive, they reset on Jan 1st

As for comps/offers they will still be there. Just because your balance resets to 0 doesn't mean they wipe clean your play history and all that.

3. VegasBound413

VegasBound413 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

Thank you so very much. I love to gamble (slots), but really don't understand all the ins and outs of these players cards/rewards.

Thank you again, I appreciate the help!

4. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    no reason to wait. if you have a comp available, just book it. you can always easily change or cancel later.

5. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just a few additional questions....

Lets say my status is Tier Score 5001 which puts me at Platinum.
    I read that Tier Credits are used to determine annual Tier Score.

Question 1 - Are Tier Credits and Tier Score synonymous?
    Question 2 - Do Tier Credits and Tier Score increase at the same rate, faster or slower?

Question 3 - Come Jan 1st will my Tier Score (not Tier Credit) go away?

Question 4 - Does my Platinum status also go away too?

Was going to post these questions tonight then saw this thread and figured it best to expand this one. :eek:

6. oghuman

oghuman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1, 2, 3 - Yes.

4. The tier level you earn through December 31st 2013 is good until March 31, 2015.

7. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If my Tier Score 5001 on Dec 31st and is reset Jan 1st and lets say Jan 2nd I happen to accumulate 5001 points did I make any progress toward Diamond or simply get back to the Score I was at on Dec 31st?

Where did March 31, 2015 come from?

Is the March date based on the above scenario or is it a date where every Total Rewards member gets their level reset?

8. KarenTN

KarenTN Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The calendar year is the earning period. Your tier level renews on March 31.

The tier you earn this year is good for the following year. So if you earn Platinum points in 2013, it is good for 2014. If you don't get the points for Platinum in calendar year 2014, your card will revert to gold on March 31, 2015

If you could just keep adding to your tier credits year after year, there would be a whole lot of 7 star players. It would take me about 4 years to get there. Your tier level is based only on play for one calendar year

9. VegasBound413

VegasBound413 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

Thanks for expanding here. I am now also interested in finding out more about whether platinum status will disappear (probably yes, but when would that happen).

10. VegasBound413

VegasBound413 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oops, I should have read all the responses.

Thanks for all the information!! It certainly helped me out :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.