1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Total Rewards site rates wrong?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by critchtc21, Jun 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. critchtc21

critchtc21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Usually anytime I look I always have free rooms at any Caesars property for up to 5 days per month. I just logged on today and it looks like it is giving me full rates in September. Every day leading up to this it has been free. My friend is in same situation, always free, but today it shows full rates Sept 16-19.

Are they just having trouble with their site?

2. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just checked my calendar, I have everything comped during those dates except NOBU, and CP and Cromwell are only comped for 18th and 19th.

3. chitownjohn

chitownjohn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Typically there are sizable (40-50K) conventions in September so they are less likely to comp a room when they know they can fill it at the rack rate. Doesn't hurt make a call to see if you can get a better rate.

4. critchtc21

critchtc21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, everyday leading up until today it was free for those nights (besides Nobu and Cromwell). Same for my friend. We both now get a rate that is the same and it looks like its full price. So it seems like something may be messed up with their system? Maybe check tomorrow.

5. Harry Lyme

Harry Lyme VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, check back, especially during the week.

6. j52chips

j52chips Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Having issues myself. One hour I get one option and one hour later there is a different option. Then the next morning, it changes again. Just like the airlines. It changes on a regular basis. Sometimes for the better and the next time not so good. If you have the time, keep checking when you go on line. It will change, you just have to constantly watch and be patient. But everyone doesn't have the time to waste to keep checking.

7. critchtc21

critchtc21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ya I looked for months straight and always free rooms anywhere. Checked today and $200/night for Planet Hollywood and $120 for Harrahs. Something has to be wrong. I should still get them free so I will check back tomorrow.

8. j52chips

j52chips Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Back again today. I checked this morning and nothing changed. Checked 3 or 4 times later nothing changed. Last time I checked, it changed for the better. Keep checking.

9. Maxbet

Maxbet JACKPOT!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    More than likely a glitch. Try clearing your cookies from the browser you are using, or try another browser.

10. critchtc21

critchtc21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It does not seem to be a browser or cookies problem. I did contact host though and said I am good for free nights on my desired dates. Still would like to get the website cleared up. A little concerning not being able to see correct rates for my play and offers.

11. Maxbet

Maxbet JACKPOT!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well thankfully things worked out thru your host. Noticed this problem from time to time, but expected comps would reappear within a day.

12. BigGTMike

BigGTMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Idk. I went from basically every weeknight in November comped to nothing comped beyond Labor Day. I'm hoping it's just a timing thing.

13. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seriously - wait until after Southwest's sale is over. Virtually every time SW has a huge sale, the room pricing changes immensely. Most people won't book a flight without actually having a room booked also - so the pricing spikes up during a major airline sale. I often test it to see if they are still doing this - from your description it appears they are. Some of the only time I see rates on my rooms are during a SW sale lol.

14. sharper

sharper Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Their site hasn't worked right for me for a while. I'll get a new offer and when I click on it, there are no details. So I click book this offer or whatever it says and before I go the rate calendar a message box pops up that says, "the offer you selected was not able to be applied". I've just given up using their site.

15. grosx2

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A lot of the offers are only good for a pretty limited number of dates within the date range specified, i.e. an offer that has a date range of three months may only have a dozen or so dates that you can actually use the offer for. There should be somewhere you can click to view the offer in a calendar, then you can see what dates it is available for.

16. critchtc21

critchtc21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always found it easiest to not use the offers. Just go up to book now at top of page. Then you can see rate for every day. From $0 every day to full price in my case.

17. grosx2

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes but then you may be missing out on free play, tournament entries, etc.

18. phantomfj

phantomfj High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also to keep in mind, if you are more of a low roller type player.............Sometimes those offers are linked to a lower end room that you must use, even if you qualify for a better room comped. For example, I had a trip booked with 5 nights comped at Ballys in a jubilee king strip view room, then I got an offer for 3 nights and minimal free play during the time we would be there. I called in and changed my booking to put the offer in, and re booked 2 nights on what I thought was the original room. I checked the booking a few days later and instead of the Jubilee room I was given 5 nights in the lower end Indigo room. I called back to find out what was going on, apparently some offers are restricted to certain room types. The free play was minor, so I got rid of the offer and re booked the room I wanted, still comped for all 5 nights.
    we leave tomorrow!

19. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go into the site from your browser and NOT by clicking on an offer. Then check the rate calendar, again without selecting an offer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.