1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Total Rewards RC Question

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Badger31, Jul 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Badger31

Badger31 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have about $220 in RC's. I've read that it's better to pay with your TR card so you don't pay tax rather than charge to your room.

Two Questions:
    1. Wife and I are doing a couples massage ($350). Can I pay $220 with my RC's and charge the rest to my room?
    2. After my RC's are gone from the massage, charging to my room and paying on the spot (cash or CC) are really the same thing, right? Since I'm paying tax either way.

Sorry if these questions are dumb...I've never used RC's before. Thanks.

2. meyers67

meyers67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not sure if massages are taxed, but as a general rule you should pay with your RCs only if you are able to pay for the entire bill. If you can't pay for the entire amount, charge it to your room.

3. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had dinner at GR Steak with our $100 Diamond celebration coupon. They applied the $100 first and we charged the rest to our room and were only taxed on the balance. It's up to you whether or not you pay the balance there and then with credit card or charge to the room. The only difference would be if you were to build up more reward credits and/or gambled enough to get some of your charges comped at the end of your stay. They can't comp things you've already paid for.

4. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FYI, tax isn't always forgiven at CET properties. I know it isn't at the Quad. I think it is at Paris/Bally's/PHo Not sure about Flamingo though. Maybe someone else can verify.

But yeah if you were going to pay for the massage anyway, I'd consider wiping out the RCs first.

As others have said, if you plan to gamble enough to possibly get it comped in the end anyway, you probably should just charge it to the room, and worse comes to worse you still use the $220 of RCs at checkout.

5. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    sometime tax is waved sometimes its not, mon ami gabi its not,

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And you can not give them your card at Mon Ami and have them take points off. They are one of a very few on property restaurants that will not take the card direct. Either charge to any CET room, or get a voucher at the TR desk.

7. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    correct, if your staying at cet prop just charge to your room if possible if not give them your card to take points off if they wont take your card go to tr desk ask them if they can issue voucher some places they cant. that the best way to handle it but you have to do some resreach

alot of places at mirical mile ph shopping tr no good just a heads up , do some resrearch ahead of time

8. Badger31

Badger31 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah... we're low rollers. Our combined bankroll for the trip is probably just north of $1000. Not anticipating any back end comps.

So, if I have a 0 balance with RC's, probably just charge it to the room in the off chance I play enough for back end comps or earn some extra RC's.

9. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You save on taxes on meals and products when they can ring it as a comp meaning paying at the register with Quick Rewards.The problem with the scenario is most spas don't always take Quick Rewards. You would probably have to either get a voucher or charge to the room. If they can take Quick Rewards, you can certainly do a partial payment just as if you were splitting between two credit cards.

The real question is does Nevada even tax on services. The only thing I've done service wise involved a Groupon so I wouldn't know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.