1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Total Rewards - put in companion's # or not?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by pr1me, Aug 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pr1me

pr1me Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi guys,

we normally stay at any hotel with 2 people, both TR members. Now every one of us on their own usually gets 4 straight nights comped. Our plan is to stay 4 nights on my name, then the next 4 on my buddy's name - switching rooms mid-trip and paying nothing but resort fees in the end.

Does it make sense to put the companion's TR # into my profile? Will that

a. make them realize what we are doing and kill our plan (since we normally only get 4 nights in a row free) ?

or

b. maybe even let us book the whole stay as one comped booking and we would not have to move between rooms after 4 nights?

Thanks in advance

2. Frankr163

Frankr163 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you can get rooms on the dates you want without putting in the companion #, do it that way.
    CET usually will only comp 5 days max anyway. If you attach another # to your reservation you may waste an available comp and would not be able to book the 2nd 4 days.
    The TR site will not let you book rooms if you have an active reservation for the same time frame.

3. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you can get each set of 4 nights on your own name, do NOT put in the other person on the reservation.

In this case, make the other person play on machines with the person's card the reservation is under. If both of you play table games, and both of you will be playing roughly equally during your entire stay, then you can use your own cards and book together. But the ultimate goal is to max an individual's ADT.

4. pr1me

pr1me Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Understood. Thank you!

5. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In regards to changing rooms, if both of you are there when the first person checks in, explain to the clerk that you all are together and have 2 reservations. They should be able to combine the reservations so you don't have to leave the room after the first reservation.

6. pr1me

pr1me Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Would that not be the same and change the rate for the room back to non-comped?
    They would realize we are "abusing" the 5 day max for comps or no?

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do NOT put both numbers in the reservation. That winds up being the same as just you trying to get multiple offers.

NO NO NO

8. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The desk staff at Caesars has been amazingly cool on this (never tried it for 8 nights, though). We just explained that we had back to back reservations and would like to avoid checking out and back in and such. In one case the desk agent could not seem to find the right room to do it, called over a supervisor who futzed around for a while and finally put us in the (blow on fingernails, wipe on blouse) Augustus Tower. :) No, not kidding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.