1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Total Rewards credit card platinum comps?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by TETO21, Nov 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TETO21

TETO21 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have just signed up for the new total rewards credit card, which will give me platinum status for 1 year. know I read somewhere that I can waive the resort fees, and also someone posted that at check in they will give you a free upgrade for having platinum status. so my question is will the receptionist know that I am platinum, or do I have to first go to the players club and get a new card?

2. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To play it safe I would get the card and show it at check in

Superbowl Baby
  3. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the free upgrade is if available, depending on where you are staying dont expect much.

rember you earned your platnium status not by playing but by getting a credit card big differnce in the long run.
    basicaly you will get resort fees waived and few other small perks for a year.

4. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

Keep in mind, the upgrade as a platinum is, as with any level, "based on availability" and you need to bear in mind that a 7 Star is going to outrank a Diamond that's going to outrank a Platinum.

So in the pecking order, you're going to be pretty far down, especially if checking in on a peak day (Thurs/Fri/Sat) or peak weekend (Holiday/UFC/Big Concert) and even which property (say Caesars vs Quad)

I guess my point is, don't really expect much upgrading.

But you could start your trip getting lucky, never know

5. TETO21

TETO21 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I Think I will aso try the $20 trick, not looking for a suite, hoping to get one of the new jubilee rooms. checking in new years day prices for the rooms were pretty cheap so I don't think it will be to busy.

6. TETO21

TETO21 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I Think I will aso try the $20 trick, not looking for a suite, hoping to get one of the new jubilee rooms. checking in new years day prices for the rooms were pretty cheap so I don't think it will be to busy.

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depending on what time you check in on New Years Day, there will be few rooms. They should be sold out, or close to it on New Years Eve, with people leaving rather slow on New Years Day.

Scroll down the page and you will see the "waive fees" means you do not have to pay, but you also can not receive those benefits unless you pay.

8. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    most peple stay thru the second so they can sleep and alot have 2 nite minimums on new years

9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    True.

Many hotels do not allow checkins on the 31st and require you checkin by the 30th or sooner.

Why?

Because they can.

10. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wait isnt that what cet said about resort fees ,why becuase we asked for it

11. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The front desk will know your status. If fact, if you are able to use the Diamond room check in, they can print a card for you. I've never done this at the platinum check in though. Sometimes standing in line at the Total Rewards desk is ridiculous, although the platinum/Diamond lines move pretty fast.

12. Sam in Ut

Sam in Ut High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The statement of "you earned your platinum status not by playing but by getting a credit card big difference in the long run"... wondering what the differences are. I thought a platinum is platinum just like a diamond is diamond. Wasn't aware there are statuses within each tier..
    Also...
    So getting the resort fees waived can still be a pretty good perk especially if you're staying at Caesars where the R F is $25 per day (well, at least for a low roller like me)

13. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    platnium theres only one level.
    but the differnce is you where given it not earned so you cant go to a host at checkin and say i took a beating last time here can you get me a better room, or stuuf like that.

so yes for a year you get free resort fee but they get you to stay at there properties so its a win for them in there opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.