1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Total Rewards 2014

Discussion in 'Comps' started by salukidean, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. salukidean

salukidean Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know that many rumors were leaking last year around this time about the tier structure for the Total Rewards in 2013.

Has anyone heard anything this year as to what the plan is for 2014?

Are the bonus points staying the same? Are tier levels changing?

Are diamond lounges going to start serving lobster and kobe beef filets each day?

Inquiring minds want to know and haven't heard a thing!

2. jenblase

jenblase Low-Roller

I am curious too. Seeing how easy it was for lots of people to make Diamond, I wonder if they will keep the same tier bonuses, especially the 5000 pts for earning 2500. But you think they would have made an announcement by now if there were going to be any changes.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would agree they made it rather easy to reach Diamond this year. 2 decent nights of 2,500 each and you are there.

Guess they are holding off as long as possible... do not want people to jump ship if they do not like the new plan. Unless of course, there are no changes.

4. dummy18

dummy18 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got an email looks like they are adding a tier bonus with 10K bonus tier credits when you earn 5K in one day

5. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i spoke to tr last week.
    undecide if there going to give to 100$ dinner agan they said they still have time to decide till the end of march.

they belive the excelorator points where going to stay.

we should get something in the mail in a few weeks:beer:

6. billyinpg

billyinpg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Today's email....

Dear William,
    I am very excited to announce that this year we are adding another enhancement to Total Rewards® with an additional daily Tier Credit bonus!

Daily Tier Credit Bonuses1

You will continue to earn Tier Credit Bonuses in 2014. And starting January 1, 2014, you’ll have another bonus to achieve. Simply earn a certain number of Tier Credits in one day and voila ... a bonus!

Earn this many... ...and get this many more!
    500 Tier Credits +125 Tier Credit bonus

1,000 Tier Credits
    +1,000 Tier Credit bonus
    2,500 Tier Credits
    +5,000 Tier Credit bonus
    Earns Platinum Status in one day!
    New! for 2014
    5,000 Tier Credits

+10,000 Tier Credit bonus
    Earns Diamond Status in one day!

Tier Milestones

Gold: Complimentary upon sign-up

Platinum: 5,000 Tier Credits

Diamond: 15,000 Tier Credits

Seven Stars®: 150,000+ Tier Credits to qualify

For complete rules, please visit us online.

It’s going to be a great year for Total Rewards members. Be on the lookout over the next few months for more information on exciting new program enhancements and ways to earn and redeem!

Joshua Kanter
    Senior Vice President, Total Rewards

7. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To make sure i get this right

2500 points in one day will give me a 5000 points bonus and make me platinum since my trip is in january that will last me until?

Platinum doesnt pay resort fee so if i hit it during my saty will they waive off the fee or will that be for my next trip only?

How much coin in slots only is needed to earn 2500 points in a day?

8. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Wow I'm surprised...here I was thinking that they might want to do away with the bonuses or at least lower them. This just makes getting Diamond or 7* a faster proposition for a lot of players. I wonder if they added this because they noticed people stopped playing after reaching 2500 TCs and would just save play for the next day.

1) You'll get Platinum until March 2015

2) Check with the desk. They're not going to waive any of the days during your stay where you already had the resort fee benefits, but maybe they can waive them for the remaining days of that trip after you reached Platinum.

3) Its $5 coin-in per point on slots, so $12,500 coin-in.

9. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am surprised too, I would have thought they would reduce the bonuses or increase the amount of play needed to get them. This has made it A LOT easier to get diamond/7 star. Diamond is actually a joke now that a stronger machine player makes it in one or two days. They have closed the biggest loophole in the system, though, and set their full pay VP machines in LV to require $25 coin in per tier credit.

With the new bonus tier it will be possible to get 7 stars in 10 days of play with only $500,000 total coin in on VP (on some machines, in some jurisdictions.) I will seriously consider doing this @ Rincon or in Tahoe.

10. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They really, really surprised me with the bonus. I though the old bonus plan of two days at 2,500 TCs got you to Diamond.

Now, Diamond in a day for $25000 coin in on slots, $50000 in VP. Or half that over two days. Gonna be even more Diamonds fighting for those Chicken Wings in Vegas.

2,500 Tier Credits in one day gets 5,000 Tier Credit bonus

New! for 2014
    5,000 Tier Credits in one gets 10,000 Tier Credit bonus

11. oghuman

oghuman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe the 5,000 tier in a day with 10,000 bonus was created because quite a few Seven Stars players stopped playing after they hit the 2,500 tier points.
    Now they have some bonus to play extra. Though I don't really see that much difference in the the first three Seven Stars tiers.

12. CardiacNP

CardiacNP Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    total reward changes?

Anyone know if the coin in for tier credits changed for 2014. I know they added another bonus level for 5000TC in a day. But I have seen nothing about the coin in needed for a TC.

I heard rumors it was increase, but cannot find any confirmation of denial of it. Thanks. Heading to Vegas in the AM!!

13. mrstealth

mrstealth High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CardiacNP - no change on that. It would be just about impossible for them to change that as all of the machines are programmed to assign points based on coin in.

14. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They managed to change it on the full pay $5 VP machines at Caesars Palace...

15. CaptainJack

CaptainJack Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty much all full-pay VP at all CZR properties is now $25 coin-in per point. Unfortunately, I only see this getting worse as time goes on.

16. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That may be one reason, because for lower players, there's no difference between hitting 2,500 TCs on two consecutive days and getting 5,000 bonus TCs for both.

And I suppose they also can now say you can make Diamond in a day by hitting 5,000 TCs.

That 10,000 bonus for hitting 5,000 TCs in a day is the only thing they've announced so far, but they've left the door open for additional things between now and April 1.

17. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Out of curiousity, about how many hours per day and at what denomination VP would this theoretically entail. I am mostly a table games player, which for CET means extremely slow tier credit accumulation. I am a sucker for all the players clubs tier credit schemes and Rincon is local, so if the required time is reasonable, i will hunker down on a VP machine.

18. oghuman

oghuman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You would need $50,000 coin-in based on $10/tier point. Of course it depends on your bet and game. If you played $1 or $2 at 5-play you could do it depending on how fast you play and various swings of play. Provided you have the bankroll to outlast a bad run.

19. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It would be 2000 hands on a $5 machine playing 5 credits at a time which takes about 4 hours. At Rincon it is still $10 coin in per tier credit. They don't have 9/6 Jacks, so if you are playing 8/5 bonus poker your expected loss is about $415/day to get the 5000 TCs. Of course, you might win or lose several thousand in a day given the volatility of the game, but time wise it is very doable. Do this 10 days and you are 7 Stars. Your expected loss is about $4150 but if you don't hit a royal in the process that jumps up to $14,000 or so. If you DO wind up hitting a $20,000 royal--and you have a decent chance of doing so after 20,000 hands--you will almost certainly make money on the play, but otherwise you will have to get more than your fair share of 4 of a kinds to break even.

20. meyers67

meyers67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let's say someone plays $50,000 coin in of VP for 10 days in order to get 7-stars. That's $500k coin in. Let's say the expected loss is 1% which is $5,000.

Has anyone quantified the value of 7-stars? Is it worth more than $5,000?

I've heard stories of annual trips, cruises, celebration dinners, free flights, etc. But what's the value? And is it worth the expected loss?

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.