1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

TORUK - The First Flight: New Show from Cirque du Soleil

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Vegas Insight, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight Low-Roller

Apr 1, 2015
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw this in Minneapolis on Wednesday night. It's an "Avatar" story told through CdS.

It has colorful, imaginative sets and props, great special effects. The lighting is very cool.

It's one of their touring arena shows, so it uses a lot more space than their traveling shows. I've seen three of their shoes under the tent over the years, this is the first time I've seen one of their arena shows. The arena definitely allows them to do things that they can't do in the tent.

There were acrobatics, but not on the grand scale of a traditional CdS show. This is a story-driven production, and while they do cool stuff throughout, I didn't know three things about Avatar, and I didn't find the story to be very interesting. I'm glad my ticket was a comp.

There're not hiding the fact this show is less acrobatic than their typical productions, or that it's more story driven. I won't say shame on them for doing something that's not cut from the cloth I'm familiar with. (Maybe all of their arena tours are like this, I don't know, I've never been to one before, or paid much attention to what those shows are about.)

All I know is that I'm a fan of shows like Mystere and the shows I've seen in the traveling tents, and this show wasn't from me.
    Group trip for Halloween, it's gonna be obscene!
  2. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Aug 15, 2013
    Southern Maryland by way of Philadelphia
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen Mystere, Love (3 times, slept through one of them), and Michael Jackson.

They only way I would go to another is if Halle Berry begged me to be her date AND had free tickets.
  3. mescalita

mescalita Low-Roller

Dec 29, 2012
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd spring for the tickets if my date was Halle Berry....