1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Tony and Tina's Wedding @ Bally's

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by weluvvegas, Sep 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weluvvegas

weluvvegas Vegas Slot Junkie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any reviews of this show? Looking for a cheap show to enjoy with my mom. I hear it's corny - but we are italian and thought it would be hilarious since we know how italian weddings really go. Worth the cost? I think the tickets are around $40 but was hoping I could find a coupon for a BOGO or discount through Tx4tonite.

Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

40th Birthday Bash!
  2. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a lot of Italian friends and know how Italian weddings go too, and this is definitely not it!

I won free tickets when this was at Planet Hollywood a couple of years ago and hated it. It wasn't my cup of tea. That doesn't mean you won't like it -just that I didn't.

The characters start in on you as you are in line waiting to get in (think of being heckled at a place like "Dick's Last Resort" at The Excalibur). Then they walk around the venue, coming up you at tables and interacting with you.

You are seated at communal tables with a bunch of strangers that you have nothing in common with - none of this appealed to me or the friend I was with (who is Italian), as we ended up at a table with a group of very loud, obnoxious young girls who were there for a bachelorette weekend and were extremely annoying to say the least.

We were there for about 15 minutes and found it uncomfortable and finally just looked at each other and decided we did not even want to wait for the "Italian buffet" to be served - we pretended to need to use the restroom and ran for the hills.

As I said, a lot of people enjoy these interactive shows but it's good to know what you are getting into in case you don't.

Here are some reviews I found online, so you can get other people's feedback on what they thought of the experience:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/tony-and-tinas-wedding-las-vegas

3. justmare

justmare High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First, I'm not Italian and I don't like going to weddings, so why we chose this show to begin with, I couldn't even say.

We went to this show years ago when it was at the Rio. Since it was a "dinner" show we went hungry. Mistake!

First, believe it or not, the wedding party (actors) were the first to go to the buffet station to get food! Our table was the last allowed up to the buffet line (on our side of the room). However, we saw the food on the plates of people walking back to their tables and it looked awful. Orange pasta sauce (I like deep red marinara or meat sauce and make my own from homegrown tomatoes). It smelled as bad as it looked. My husband and I looked at each other and instead of walking to the back of the buffet line, we walked out the door and went to get some real food.

In regards to the part of the show we DID see, we really didn't find it to be very funny.

4. weluvvegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well I'm glad I asked this question, I think we will look for something else to see! Thanks!

40th Birthday Bash!
  5. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you are making the right choice, and most of the reviews I have seen talk about how dreadful the food at the "buffet" is. Makes me glad I did not stay for it.

One show I saw last year that was actually enjoyable and very reasonable was Nathan Burton at the Flamingo. You can get free tickets (well, really more like low cost since the "free" tickets involve a $5 box office fee) if you go early enough (I would suggest visiting the box office a few days in advance if you can, in order to reserve the day you want to go).

I ended up going the day of the performance and there were no free tickets left, but I ended up paying only $10 a ticket which was still a bargain. He was funny and entertaining. While it is not in league with any of the high value production shows in Vegas, it's something to do that is not very expensive and so much better than Tony and Tina's Wedding. You might want to check it out.

Here is the link for the free ticket coupon:

http://www.vegas4locals.com/couponnathanburtoncomedymagic.html

Here are some other coupons for shows and attractions just in case:

http://www.vegas4locals.com/couponsshows.html

6. weluvvegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! I love coupons

40th Birthday Bash!
  7. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was kind of disappointed by a local "Diner Theater" production of T&T's Wedding and I would hope a Las Vegas production would be better, with all of the talent there is in the area. You would really need people who were veterans at improv and interactive theater to really pull this off right.

The premise was just perfect for such a story! The characters were perfect for a bad wedding, such as the in-your-face photographer, the uber-PG bridesmaid, the cousin from Jaw-Ja, the dumb blonde 20-bopper GF of one of the divorced parents, the incredibly bad deejay, etc. Anyone who has ever suffered through a bad wedding should be able to appreciate this, if done right.

The one thing that bugged me about the local production is that I do know the difference between an Italian-American "Joisey" accent and a Jewish-American "N'yawk" accent and I KNOW the characters were supposed to speak with the former, but the local performers came off more like a Fran Dresher on steroids accent! Disconcerting!

A lot of the time of the production was taken up by reception dancing with the bad deejay, so that really cut into the actual performance time.

For our production, the food was kind of an Italian sampler type of thing, not really bad, but not memorably good either.

I figured it may be worth giving it a chance with the Las Vegas cast, but from what you say ...

Oh well ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.